Pick Two.

Via on Jul 18, 2011

Now, I’m sure there are many of you out there who disagree and have loving wives/husbands boy/girlfriends that you swear embody the holy trinity, and I believe you. Really.

But the other 99% of us gotta pick two:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dylan Owens is currently a senior in the creative writing program at the University of Colorado. As an ex-baby model, he peaked early, but is mounting a comeback as a writer for elephant journal and the Boulder Today. You can learn about his exploits and interests via photo, blurb and hand-picked Youtube video on his facebook, or simply Google “pickle recipes,” “life-sized Jenga” and “PBR&B” for the same effect.

Bonus Reads:

Love is Selfish.

What Will Make Any Long Term Relationship Work.

Buddhist Weddings.

And… > This is what True Love is, and isn’t.

About elephant journal

19 Responses to “Pick Two.”

1. Just thankful you didn't say I GOTTA PICK ONE!!! :)

2. Sasha says:

Unlike our dear friend who wants to cash in his second pick in favor of someone who is doubly good-looking…I choose good looking and emotionally stable. The smart ones mouth off too much.

3. Emily KC says:

Good looking and intelligent : together we will go far and it will be a roller coaster of emotion but such is life.

4. catnipkiss says:

My Sexy is not the same as everyone else's good looking, but I CAN'T STAND DUMB MEN (they bore me) and emotionally unstable ones cheat, come to think of it, so do traditionally good looking, so give me INTELLIGENCE and emotionally stable and I'll take my chances on the rest!

5. Alexis says:

Good looking twice please. If they have to be crazy they can't be smart. Dumb crazy I can deal with, but smart crazy gets you killed!

6. iloveginger says:

this is easy..im with @ catnipkiss… bright imaginative men are super good looking

7. dylan says:

I'm gonna make a TLC themed version of this with crazy/sexy/cool as the three points

8. I loved this. Not sure what I would sacrifice though. Gave this a trackback in Day 5: http://www.elephantjournal.com/2011/07/100-days-c

~L

9. Ang says:

I would say intelligent and FUNNY – I can find something I find hot about anyone who is smart and makes me laugh

10. Bill says:

How about 2 and 1/2? My GF is pretty and very smart. She's emotionally stable MOST of the time, but she IS a girl, after all, and that estrogenic swings on a monthly basis. ;-)
    But if they were totally understandable, and just like us, would we (heterosexual males) find them anywhere near as attractive? I think not! :-D
    I love my GF to the ends of the earth!

11. Jessica says:

I'm going to choose one cause I don't follow rules. I choose emotionally stable. I don't care how a guy looks. Seriously I don't.

12. B says:

Wow I’m so grateful that my man of four years embodies all 3. I think with me though, he only got to choose one– good looking! HA! But he loves and adores me even with all my baggage and “flaws”. I’m not sure how I got so lucky, he is such an angel.

13. Rilke says:

Easy. Emotional stability and Intelligence makes for a sexy person, in my opinion. If I meet a good looking person and they lack common sense and are not comfortable in their own skin, then I am done. I had been dating someone that was good looking, but very clingy and paranoid that I was going to run off with someone else because he was cheated on in a past relationship. On top of that, I could not have an intelligent conversation with him. Ugh, it was extremely annoying and my attraction to him quickly faded.

14. Carmen says:

Someone who is both intelligent and emotionally stable. This person may not be "good looking" in the traditional sense, but this combination is likely to result in someone taking good care of themselves hygienically and physically – and therefore still looking in shape, clean cut, well dressed, etc. That's my logic :)

15. JBC says:

Are you kidding me? Elephant Journal has lost a reader. Excellent repost of a tired Reddit meme. 'Mindful Life'…. yeah right.

• elephantjournal says:

Jamie this post went up three years ago. I'm not sure what publication you're going to be able to read if you leave when you don't love every article.

16. Amy E says:

Intelligent and emotionally stable. Intelligence = sexy. Emotionally stable? What is the benchmark? What is normal? I would say "mature" is better. Good looking people can be trouble. I like good looking on the inside, more.