We’re in the thick of summer and that means family vacations and theme parks! If you’re setting out on a summer tour of Florida and thinking about some of the Orlando theme parks, Walt Disney World Resort has got you covered if you or anyone in your vacationing group follows a special diet. One of the best parks to visit is Disney’s Epcot seeing as how they’ve got the world showcase, where you’ll find a variety of international places to dine.
- The Garden Grill located in The Land Pavilion—The Garden Grill uses locally sourced produce from their own green house that you can overlook from the restaurant and take a ride through before or after your meal! Choose the farmer’s salad, garden veggies and rice pilaf.
- Sunshine Season Food Fair in The Land Pavilion—Lots of custom made sandwiches and salads.
- Electric Umbrella—Nice selection of wraps and salads that are easily veg-ified.
- Mexico—Sit down: San Angel Inn—Mexican cuisine is super simple to veg-ify by dropping the meat and cheese and adding in more beans,veggies, guacamole and salsa! For gluten-free folks, opt for corn tortillas. I like the Ensalada Mexicana without the cheese!
Quickie: La Cantina de San Angel—Order the chips and guacamole and salsa, with a side of black beans and make your own veg-friendly tacos!
- Italy—Sit down: Via Napoli and Tutto Italia—Both have a wide variety of dishes that can be easily made to suit your special diet. Pizzas are easily veg-ifiable, as are salads and pastas.
- Morocco—Sit down: Restaurant Marrakesh—North African dishes that are more then suitable for a variety of special diets. The Jasmina Salad and Cous Cous with Vegetables are greatly delish!
Quickie: Tangeriene Cafe—Decent selection of salads, cous cous and other north African dishes.
- China—Sit down: Nine Dragons—Choose vegetable dishes and nix any meat. Opt for steamed veggie dishes sans noodles for gluten-free diners. The cucumber salad and Vegetable Tofu Stir Fry are Healthy Voyager faves!
- Japan—Sit down: Teppan Edo or Tokyo Dining— Both have a wide variety of dishes that can be easily made to suit your special diet.
Quickie: Yakitori House—Check out veggie sushi rolls and veggie noodle bowls.
- Norway—Akershush Banquet Hall—Provides a Disney Princess Storybook Dining experience in a medieval castle-themed restaurant. Go for the vegetable risotto!
So bring your walkin’ shoes, your wonderment and most of all, your appetite, because Epcot is a great theme park full of neat and inventive attractions that you won’t find anywhere else!
Additionally, if you really want to plan your worry-free day at Epcot, make your dining reservations ahead of time and let guest services know of any special diet requests so they can accommodate you accordingly. Contact Disney’s Dining Reservation Center at (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 to speak with a Cast Member to make your special requests and reservations.
hot on elephant
Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. Join: Elephant’s Fall 2016 Academy. When you’re Stuck, Remember to ask yourself this Question. Welcome to September’s Eclipse Season—Anything is Possible. Thank You to the Men who Didn’t Know what they had—When they had Me. Wait for the One who Falls in Love with Your Naked Soul.