Via on Aug 21, 2011

Some choice comments:

How dare they pay early!

What’s the matter Bank of America? Run out of puppies to kick?

The sad part here is that “re-review” is only happening because they got caught…with this case.  How many more of these violations of human decency have they been allowed to get away with?

Make noise! Let’s share up this story, ask Bank of America’s president Brian Moynihan and aide Ana Olivera to think twice, do the right thing: the Bullington’s are ready and willing to pay their mortgage.

It worked for me, and my situation was far less dire. ~ ed.

~

James & Sharon Bullington of Tampa Bay.

For the full story, click here.

Seventy-year-old Sharon Bullington may lose her home because she paid her mortgage a week early.

That may not make much sense to the thousands of homeowners who are behind on their mortgages in Florida. But it seems it does to Bank of America, which has filed to foreclose on Bullington and her husband, James, 78, who is terminally ill.

“It’s like death to me,” Sharon Bullington said, her voice quivering on the phone Friday. “My husband is bedridden. It’s almost more than I can bear.”

Excerpt:

One of Moynihan’s aides, Ana Olivera, told Bullington the foreclosure could not be stopped. She wrote in a two-page letter that the payment due on Jan. 1, 2011, had been made in December.

“In accordance with the Trial Payment Letter dated December 15, 2010, it indicates that if you are not able to make each payment in the month in which it is due, you will not be eligible for a modification under the Home Affordable Modification Program,” the letter said.

Olivera told Bullington she could avoid a foreclosure by selling the home in a short sale or by signing it over to the bank. The letter said the bank values Bullington’s business and strives to provide exceptional customer service.

“I understand that you may be disappointed with our final resolution and appreciate the opportunity to clarify this matter,” Olivera wrote. “While this may not be the response you were hoping for, I trust I have addressed your concerns.”

About Waylon Lewis

9 Responses to “For Shame: Bank of America forecloses on Terminally Ill Elderly Man & Wife who Paid Week Early.”

1. Bill Turner says:

I hope she has a lawyer who will sue them for her.

2. ARCreated says:

I want to kick something…seriously – early? because why? it's too hard to enter in the computer properly…this goes beyond the ridiculous into the sublime…please tell me we have a heart left …

3. Karen Eliot says:

Media media media. Contact the people who foreclosed on B of A for their costs after B of A said they had defaulted… on a house bought for cash.

4. Jill says:

A bank is a collection of humans. Banks have soooo many of these delinquent loans to deal with. And humans are humans. It's a tough time for the bank employees for sure. Such a hard thing to have to do for a living-collecting debts. And yet they have to do the best job they can of collecting as much as they can. LOTS of really long days and working weekends to sort this whole mortgage collapse mess out. I worked my tail off for a bank for 15 years. When everyone stopped paying on their mortgages the bank went under and took my $600,000 retirement with it. 15 year of effort gone in a few months. In fact , every single one of the 500 employees lost their retirement. Poof. Gone. Everybody is losing INCLUDING THE BANKS!! And there are real people behind the Logo's. It is unfortunate that this mortgage crisis situation happened, but it is the nature of things. Cycles. May we learn from our mistakes at a personal level, such that this does not happen again in the near future at a market level. Be the change you want to see in the economy.

5. jhon baker says:

sons a bitches – BOA must burn for what it is doing to the American people – this is also the bank that foreclosed on a home that was wholly owned by the residents who in turn sued them for fee incurred which they didn't pay and the couple ended up foreclosing on BOA.

6. [...] love that this video is sponsored by the (eviillll) Bank of [...]

7. Phil says:

I'm a terminally ill person, with stage 4 lung cancer, and I feel that it is outrageous that any bak should be allowed to foreclose on a person in this condition. They should have the decency and heart to let people in our condition live our last days without any added stress, or being put out on the street in the winter! Why aren't there referendums to make states pass laws that forbid financial institutions from doing this??

8. Jill says:

Just want folks to consider the whole picture. So often we simply want someone to lynch in times like these. We lynch them and then get back to more of the same old system. I believe it is hard to decide where to point the finger of blame in such a complex system as this. Hoping that far reaching changes on the horizon will make things better for all. Thinking that with so many people looking for improvement it might just happen someday. ( Yes I get the Zeitgeist news). I remember the last downturn we had, (as they happen every decade or so, forever it seems). I remember feeling so bad for the folks in the bank who had to work in collections. The most thankless work in the world. But necessary within this system. This particular incident cited in the article is awful for sure. It will likely get sorted out for this lady. I can only assume when she first passed through the system she was just a procedure. Now hopefully both she and the person working on her file are back to being human. Fairly certain we don't have the whole story. Fairly certain we never do.