That Sexy Yoga Playlist.

Via on Aug 22, 2011

In my recent article on the sexiness factor of yoga when it’s done right (for me), I mentioned a brand-new yoga playlist that I’m using for my vinyasa classes, and yes, I would make love to these tracks.

Ask and ye shall receive–so for those of you that were curious, here it is, with the youtube videos I could find! It’s called Heart and Soul Yoga, and it is not for the faint of heart or soul; also not for those that prefer saluting the sun to dirges. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. ;)

Crazy for you: Adele

All that you Give feat. Mindy Gledhill: Kaskade

Wilhelm Scream: James Blake

Hannibal: Caribou

You’re my Flame feat. Sia: Zero 7

YouTube Preview Image

El Estuche: Aterciopelados (yes, from the Dirty Dancing Havana Nights soundtrack)

YouTube Preview Image

Guajira (I Love You 2 Much): Yerba Buena (yeah, this is a sexy song [and footage from DD2])

Pennies from Heaven (Count De Money Remix): Billie Holiday

Sexy Boy: Air

Fire in your New Shoes feat. Dragonette: Kaskade

Starstruck: Santogold

YouTube Preview Image

Mickey Hart and Zakir Hussain: from the Global Drum Project (couldn’t find the exact song, but close enough)

We All Try: Frank Ocean

Daydreams: Adele

Silence: Matisyahu

Limit to your Love: James Blake

River Guard: Smog

Measurements: James Blake

I Loves you Porgy: Nina Simone

Nightvision: Daft Punk

Something About Us: Daft Punk

Riding for the Feeling: Bill Callahan

Lindesfarne I: James Blake

About Julie JC Peters

Julie (JC) Peters has been practicing yoga on and off from the tender age of 12, and it has gotten her through everything from the horrors of teenagedom to a Master’s degree in Canadian Poetry. She is a yoga teacher, spoken word poet, and writer, and teaches workshops on yoga and writing called Creative Flow. Julie also owns East Side Yoga in Vancouver with her mom, Jane.

20 Responses to “That Sexy Yoga Playlist.”

1. elcarg says:

I'd love to be in those classes, Julie. A great mix beyond the typical yoga sounds. Smog/Callahan!!! For Real, you know your stuff!

James Blake, yes I home practice/handstand to it all the time. Was blown away by him at Pitchfork.

Perfect timing for this article. Please share, people, with your teachers.

• jcp says:

Thanks! And yes, more teachers should share what they really practice to. Even if it's disco, as my teacher Clara sometimes does! :)

2. Mandie says:

Wow Julie this was great! Just loved it! Could only imagine a class to this playlist,unless of course you were maybe thinking of releasing a dvd of your Vinyasa flow class to this playlist!!!!??? That would be awesome!I would def buy it!! Namaste:)

3. Tanya Lee Markul Tanya Lee Markul says:

Just posted to "Featured Today" on the Elephant Yoga homepage.

• Mandie says:

Thanks Tanya,it wont let me access unless i pay:( Do you know if i can download the playlist?? Or if cd of this playlist? With peace,Mandie

• Tanya Lee Markul Tanya Lee Markul says:

Hi Mandie – this is not a CD, but a playlist made by the author – it is mostly a compilation of Youtube videos.

• elcarg says:

I haven't tried it, but a friend just got all the songs via Spotify and will be playing it during our class Monday. Pretty psyched.

• Mandie says:

Yeah thanks Tanya,found them all on youtube! Lets hope Julie brings out her own dvd soon,that would rock!:))

4. Rich K says:

And I've developed another internet crush. Note to self, stop falling in love with Elephant bloggers.

5. Tanya Lee Markul Tanya Lee Markul says:

Just posted to "Popular Lately" on the Elephant Yoga homepage.

6. Barbara says:

Beautiful thanks for sharing! this will be fantastic for the teen girls yoga class i teach! :)

7. Sansara says:

One club banger after another. Bravo.

8. [...] to Sufjian Stevens and on and on including everything that connects to that internal spark and makes me hum––body and soul. We don’t have to be somber and serious to be spiritual, do [...]

9. I will right away seize your rss as I can’t in finding your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me recognise so that I may subscribe. Thanks.

10. piyo girl says:

Where can I buy the Frank Ocean song?? I LOVE it but can't find it!!

11. Staffan Hillberg says:

thanks, I got almost all of the songs on spotify except Riding for the Feeling: Bill Callahan and River Guard: Smog. Also wasn't sure if I got the right song from Mickey Hart and Zakir Hussain: from the Global Drum Project but I chose Kaluli Groove which seemed most fitting. Couldn't find the exact version You’re my Flame feat. Sia: Zero 7 so I chose another one. The list is on my Spotify account Staffan Hillberg if anybody want's to listen to it.

12. jcp says:

Amazing, thank you so much! I'll definitely use this website! Yoga music for the rest of us…:)