My project, 25 Days, is going to take me to 15 cities across the U.S. this year. I am in Denver, my third city. I will be doing yoga and riding my bike in each city. I will report to you on my adventures and misdemeanors here.
As I planned for my one-year cross country adventure, I was considering all the things I would need to pack, all the things I would not have to bring, and all the things that might weigh me down if I took them with me. While I absolutely adore sex, I decided that this would be a sex-free year for me, for a number of reasons.
- Distraction: If done in the proper manner, sex can be a distracting activity which takes you away from the task at hand at any given moment or opportunity.
- Messy: Sex can be messy, both literally and metaphorically. I have no time or inclination to bring all of the accoutrements that must go along with proper sex.
- Potato Chip Factor: Good sex is like potato chips. You can’t eat just one, and even when you feel like you might be “finished”, you want more.
- Broken Hearts: I have had enough of them. I have had my heart broken and have broken more hearts than I care to recount. This is something that could happen if sex is thrown into the mix, and I am not sure I need one more thing to worry about while I am on the road.
- Danger: I am pretty sure I don’t have to illustrate why this is the case.
So, here I am in Denver. Right now, it is tough. My teeth are itching and I suddenly have great compassion for seventeen year old boys. I have been propositioned, but I am proud to say that I stood firm. I am thinking it will get better as time goes on and distance grows between myself and my last sexual encounter. That is what I am counting on, anyway. Please, someone tell me that I am right. Please.
hot on elephant
How I stopped Speed Dating my Passions & finally Committed. 235 shares She Smiles as she Cries: the Story of High-functioning Depression. 5,064 shares New Moon in Scorpio: Only those who Believe in Magic will Find It. 3,807 shares A Homemade Buddhist Ritual for Letting Go. 614 shares 10 Things to Know about Dating a Scorpio (& Why they Love Sex). 599 shares Living with C-PTSD Following an Abusive Relationship. 2,586 shares Why we must Break to Heal. 1,041 share Stop Ignoring these Connections, they can Turn your Day (or Life) around. 935 shares November Energy Forecast: Love & the Twin Flame magic of 11:11. 994 shares To my Diego: 4 Poems by Frida Kahlo that Demonstrate the Exquisite Nature of Love. 633 shares