It was one of those things I used to read as a kid and fascinated me. But the cases were always in countries so far away from me, so this recent news story came as a bit of a shock!
Taken fro the ABC news website;
The death of a 76-year-old Irishman has been ruled a case of spontaneous combustion, the BBC reported.
Michael Faherty died in his home in December 2010. His body was badly burned, but a fire in the nearby fireplace did not cause the blaze, forensic experts said. Scorch marks on the ceiling above the body and the floor below, and no trace of accelerant, led the coroner to return the controversial verdict, the first of its kind in Ireland, according to the BBC.
“This fire was thoroughly investigated and I’m left with the conclusion that this fits into the category of spontaneous human combustion, for which there is no adequate explanation,” West Galway coroner Dr. Ciaran McLoughlintold a court Thursday.
One of the theories behind human combustion is that of “unbalanced kundalini” whereby the kundalini energy is maybe awakened with such force that it’s impossible to control.
Whatever causes it, it shows how fascinating we humans are….
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 632 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Learn Social Media, Writing, Editing & Journalism Ethics with elephantjournal.com. 6 shares Dear Pretty Young Woman Flirting with my Husband. 3,759 shares The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 1,117 share Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 1,049 share Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 8,474 shares The Astrology of 2017: Letting Go & Shining your Light. 1,256 share These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,392 share