Via on Oct 8, 2011

I’ll be that spokesman:

YouTube Preview Image

“The other panel members were Republicans. For most of the show, Alan just sat quietly, which really surprised and disappointed me. Then suddenly, he let them have it. It was great. I just wish that the camera had shown the standing ovation.”

~

Relephant: 99% of the World’s Cookies are Consumed by 1% of the Monsters.

Bonus: click here for Your Friendly Local Incredible Awesome Occupy Everything Recent Image Photo Video Roundup.

About Waylon Lewis

17 Responses to “We just found the Spokesman of Occupy Wall Street. I present you, Alan Grayson. [Bill Maher]”

1. Obama 2012 says:

Damn he's good. Shame on those idiots in Florida that voted him out in 2010. Shame. Shame. SHAME!

2. Jenifer says:

amen and hallelujah! i think it's about time someone started just speaking it. i'm also glad that the NYT op-ed piece by Paul Krugman (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/07/opinion/krugman-confronting-the-malefactors.html) brings up debt forgiveness for main street as part of the solution.

3. annaphallactic says:

In all fairness, Franzen is not a Republican. His politics are pretty liberal.

4. OccupyWallST says:

This is a NON PARTITION PROTEST Alan Grayson does not represent us

• derp says:

While i didn't watch the whole show and only this snippet, this seemed to be coming from him as a man, not as a democrat or whatever party he was affiliated with. Moreover he never said he was representing anyone, he used it as a segway to talk about some statistics essentially saying "are YOU ok with this?". Don't be stupid.

• elephantjournal says:

Amen, OccupyWallSt. He merely retorted that if he were the spokesman, he'd be proud to represent. Let's remember a spokesman isn't a leader, anyways, just as the Press Secretary isn't our President. And no one's appointing or co-opting anyways–he just summed up nicely, eloquently, forcefully—and succinctly, in like 30 seconds—what corporate-driven media has failed to grasp…much of what this protest, nay movement is about.

In all fairness, the NY Times and others have taken this seriously, presenting "both sides." At the bottom of the above blog I include a roundup link to some recent video/photo/media highlights. ~ Waylon

• And who exactly authorized "OccupyWallST" as the voice of the movement (Including taking its name on as his/her own)?

(And couldn't they have found someone who can spell "partisan" and knows how to use punctuation?)

5. [...] go on the marches, I can tell them to bring a poncho," he said.(Editing by Claudia Parsons)NEW YORK (Reuters) – In 2011 in America, what passes for a revolution is a frightening tangle of wir…cupy Wall Street movement. The protesters who have disrupted lower Manhattan since mid-September [...]

6. taysic says:

If anyone had to be the spokesman, this guy would be it. Still, I would hold off on a spokesman this early on.

7. Sara Young Sara Young says:

Yeah. I think he hit the nail on the head, and frankly, they could do with a spokesperson. Some of the stuff coming out of this occupation is frankly, beside the point. Distracting the public from the real issue, the corruption of wall street, is not helping anyone.

8. orgonite says:

Tremendous things here. I’m very glad to peer your post. Thank you a lot and I am having a look forward to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

9. Hello my family member! I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all vital infos. I would like to see more posts like this .

10. Grass was too thick? Naw… I think it’s cuz you pussied out of going to the gym.