I’ve been watching Mad Men, again. Season four. Jon Hamm: my idol in every possible way, on and off camera. Megan must be the most beautiful woman ever. Interesting to see the tacky late 60s and even hints of 70s style creeping in. ~ ed.
1. Nostalgia: a heartbroken time machine to a place where we know we are loved.
2. “Mad Men” theme song done only with bass!
3. Fun fact: the first 4 seasons of Mad Men are streaming exclusively on Netflix.
4: Great virtues-of-wrong-thinking quote:
Peggy Olson: Sex sells.
Don Draper: Says who? Just so you know, the people who talk that way think that monkeys can do this. They take all this monkey crap and just stick it in a briefcase completely unaware that their success depends on something more than their shoeshine. You are the product. You—feeling something. That’s what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can’t do what we do, and they hate us for it.
5. Great quote via redditor who intros with: “Whenever I hear conspiracy theories I always think about this exchange Don had with that hippy-guy in season 1.”
Roy: Like you? You make the lie. You invent want. You’re for them…not us.
Don Draper:Well, I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.
7. Another great quote:
“We’re flawed because we want so much. We’re ruined because we get these things and wish for what we had.” ~ Don Draper
8. Alison Brie, when not playing Pete’s wife:
We loved the song “A Beautiful Mine” by RJD2 that plays during the opening credits of “Mad Men.” We wanted to put lyrics to it and realized that “Nature Boy” made famous by Nat King Cole, and written by eden ahbez, was the perfect fit. This was filmed in one take (this one, specifically, happened to be take 29 of the day)…no cuts, dubbing, lip-syncing or auto-tuning. More videos coming soon…This is a Video Recorded Live.