Via on Dec 27, 2011

From the Department of Who Gives a Sh*t.

Also: From the Department of Double Standards: if this were a sexy photo of a woman, there’d be a dozen (understandable) knee-jerk complaint comments. But it’s a man, so it’s fine, right?

For more: Yogadork and MindBodyGreen (links, above).

About Waylon Lewis

17 Responses to “Blog about blog about blog about Rich Hollywood Actor mentioning yoga as excuse to publish this photo.”

1. Hahahahaha!!! No idea who that is, but still funny!

2. Becca says:

Hmm… I'm mixed. Look at that chest hair though, was it intentionally waxed to make those angles? Well, I do have to say that is is sort of nice to see a half naked man instead of a woman in the name of yoga….

3. Katherine says:

The problem is that most men want to see a woman completely undressed, whereas the opposite is not usually true (at least when it comes to publications). I think most men are sexier with their clothes on… not that I would complain otherwise. ;o)

4. randolphr says:

wow, there's so many better photos of me and yet you chose to go with this one ?

- nah, it's cool ….

5. Janice A says:

Also wanted to add: Funny, I just read an article about the urban yoga chick and how sexy her voice was…posted by Elephant Journal. So, yes, the Department of Double Standards is all about double standards, apparently!

• elephantjournal says:

Nope. We're about empowered sexy wherever you find it, whomever.

• Janice A says:

That is good to know… ..I may have just read too much into the post…figuratively and literally. If it was a woman, it would have been sexist, but it was a man, so it was fine? In my view, It is fine either way! Well, that is all about mindfulness and sexy and yoga..etc, etc. Love it.

• I agree! Empowered sexy men & women is a good thing. I don't particularly find this guy attractive, but that's what happens when you judge someone just on a photo;)

• elephantjournal says:

All good! I guess we're just for equality. No one ought to be sexually objectified…everyone ought to celebrate sexuality? Something like that.

6. Trilln451 says:

It's SO fine… :)

7. SwamiHenderson says:

Ohai,
    Everybody get naked.

• SwamiHenderson says:

Oh, I just read the original. Some of the comments there are a bit creepy.
      But still, everybody get naked.

8. Tanya Lee Markul Tanya Lee Markul says:

Love the department name!

Posting to Elephant Yoga on Facebook and Twitter.

Tanya Lee Markul, Yoga Editor
    Join us! Like Elephant Yoga on Facebook

9. elephantjournal says:

This, yes!

10. elephantjournal says:

Hunh. I think you're remembering blond pale blue eyes…if you look at 1000 of our articles, you'll find few about sex. Seriously. If you look at those, you'll find very few that meet your description.

Memory is in the eye of the beholder, perhaps?

11. As a pale blonde with blue eyes and boobs (but some body fat) I resent that remark! Just kidding!!!

But I agree with Waylon…there is a lot of diversity of beauty on elephant. Did you miss this one? I thought it was wonderful. Some still complained that it wasn't "diverse" enough, but compared to typical Western media/advertising, it's diverse in my book:

Also, Hannah Siegle has been doing a series called the Real Body project that is amazing too…challenging us to get away from the glossy photoshopped norm and appreciate real beauty, which is to say the wabi-sabi, lined and scarred, freckled and asymmetrical, perfect imperfections that we all have.