A few tips for all you single gals who need help catching a man…
Some vintage advice from Sad and Useless (Click over to see the rest) via Reddit:
1. Do your dressing in your boudoir to keep your allure.
3. Don’t sit in awkward positions–and never look bored, even if you are.
4. Don’t talk while dancing, for when a man dances he wants to dance.
6. Don’t use the car mirror to fix your makeup.
7. Don’t be familiar with your escort by caressing him in public.
8. Don’t be sentimental or try to get him to say something he doesn’t want to by working on his emotions.
9. Don’t be familiar with the head waiter…Men deserve your entire attention.
10. Please and flatter your date by talking about the things he wants to talk about.
11. Don’t drink too much, as a man expects you to keep your dignity all evening.
12. Don’t be conspicuous talking to other men. The last straw is to pass out from too much liquor. Chances are your date will never call you again!
Drinking too much is a bad idea. It’s good to pay attention to your date.
But my “modern” advice?
Laugh too hard.
Be the last one to let go from a hug.
Listen deeply instead of waiting for your turn to talk.
Break The Rules.
Don’t be physically naked if you’re scared to be emotionally naked.
Care less about how you look, and care more about how the other person feels.
And most of all…and said so often it’s become cliche and white noise, but I’m going to say it anyway:
Be yourself. If you pretend to be someone else, you’ll end up with someone who belongs with…someone else.
It’s not about catching or being caught. It’s not about putting your best foot forward. With friends and lovers and everyone in between: give your honest self in the most loving way you can.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,436 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 24,580 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 32,453 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,099 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,272 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 529 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 450 shares Two Kinds of Love we all Experience in our Lifetime. 983 shares 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share