December 4 – reverb11 – Guru (Teacher)

Via on Dec 4, 2011
Photo: Wonderlane

What was the most important lesson you learned about yourself in 2011? Was it a sudden epiphany or a gradual realization?

About Michelle Margaret

Michelle Margaret is an avid reader, writer, poetess, blogger: a longtime lover of words and languages, especially English and Spanish. She is an author and a yoga teacher. Her writing appears on elephant journal, Rebelle Society, Be You Media Group and her own blog. Michelle is an American expat living in Guatemala with her life partner and daughter. Connect with her on Google+ and Facebook.

294 views

(We use super-secure PayPal—but don't worry—you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

12 Responses to “December 4 – reverb11 – Guru (Teacher)”

1. Valerie Carruthers says:

It's been a little of both. A few months ago while studying some of Krishnamacharya's teachings, I had an epiphany that took me to another place as a student and as a teacher. The experience continues to evolve and it may take some time to formulate completely but for now I'll say it's deeply related to a sense of truly connecting to the Teacher within.

• yoga freedom says:

Interesting, Valerie. Connecting to the Teacher within is always a blessing. Your comment reminds me of how I was deeply (gradually) affected by the teachings of Krishnamurti, another great Indian philosopher. Thanks for reverbing!
      Namaste,
      Michelle

2. Yikes! I am now 2 days behind in my Reverbing! Will try & catch up:

My most important lesson this year has been that I am stronger than I realized. It was a gradual thing, but then there was definitely an epiphany moment somewhere between "I can't do this" and "Hell yeah, I can do this! Just watch me!"

3. craigholliday says:

That there is such a freedom within, that this freedom is always here, and that my mind is dualistic, divisive and cuts the world into pieces. and that freedom comes from giving ourselves to hugeness within.

4. yoga freedom says:

I had to ponder on this one. I learned nothing and everything. I realized, above all, that I have faith in not knowing. I take refuge in doubt. I live in questions. I till the soil of fertile confusion. I explore paradox. I trust the sun and the moon and my breath and my heart. My gut is my guru. This moment is a wonderful moment. And life is beautiful.

5. Loren says:

The most important lesson for me was that I CAN forgive. For so long I have understood forgiveness, I have wanted to feel it in my heart, but it just never made that journey down from my head and in to my heart. This year it happened and old wounds I had all but given up on have begun to heal. Its a cliche, but true, time does heal, it just takes some of us a lot longer than others. Forgiveness is a kind of release, it allows those old holding patterns to let go and for new energy to fill those spaces, I am not sorry it took so long, everything happens when it is supposed to.

6. Tanya Lee Markul says:

GREAT question!

Posting to Elephant Yoga on Facebook and Twitter.

Tanya Lee Markul, Yoga Editor
    Join us! Like Elephant Yoga on Facebook

7. yoga freedom says:

Thanks for reverbing, Lynn! Great lessons. Writing is so therapeutic and cathartic, I agree!
    Namaste,