December 5 – reverb11 – Sueño (Dream)

Via on Dec 5, 2011

What was your dream come true in 2011? What is your wildest dream for 2012?

How to reverb.

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~Walt Disney

About Michelle Margaret

Michelle Margaret is an avid reader, writer, poetess, blogger: a longtime lover of words and languages, especially English and Spanish. She is an author and a yoga teacher. Her writing appears on elephant journal, Rebelle Society, Be You Media Group and her own blog. Michelle is an American expat living in Guatemala with her life partner and daughter. Connect with her on Google+ and Facebook.

If you liked this, you might like these:

12 Responses to “December 5 – reverb11 – Sueño (Dream)”

1. yoga freedom says:

Thanks to everyone who has been reverbing so far this month! Five days in and I'm already greatly inspired by you all!
    ~
    Here's my response to today's questions:

Not to sound too Pollyanna, but my life this year was basically a dream come true. I am at the opposite end of the spectrum from the depressed, anxious, unhappy me of 2001 (ten years ago, wow!) and 2005 (“the nervous breakdown”). I am living the dream in many ways. I live abroad. I am fluent in Spanish. I teach yoga in both Spanish and English, to both expats and Guatemalans. I led no less than eight (8!) weekend yoga retreats this year. My practice was more consistent and deep than ever before. I got to travel widely: both within Guatemala and to El Salvador, San Francisco, Austin, New York… Sure, there were hard times and not everything is perfect, but I have a new way of viewing “perfect.”

Practice is perfect.

My wildest dream for 2012 is to find gainful employment as an elementary school teacher (and yoga teacher!) in ASIA. My friends joke that I have narrowed down my search to the gigantic contient of “Asia.” I’m eastward bound and looking to deepen my Buddhist practice, explore a new culture, and save a lot of money in the process. Ultimately, I “plan” to move back to Guatemala to write and teach yoga retreats full-time. Pero, ¿quien sabe? (Who knows?)

2. Valerie Carruthers says:

Having a blog here at EJ has that "dream come true" feeling for me as a writer making the leap from decades of writing articles for conventional magazines. Beyond the opportunity to regularly post my stuff, it's a constantly expanding connection to what so many amazingly gifted yogis are thinking, feeling and doing.

My wildest dream is to start making trips to New Mexico with an eye to relocating there within the next few years. After 13+ years of living at sea level in Florida, I'm yearning to be in the high desert. Especially, I'd love to do yoga in the dunes of White Sands,National Monument. It would be like doing yoga on the moon.

3. Lynn W. says:

Fast forward two fantastic years later, to the banks of Lake Michigan, while we were on vacation visiting his brothers, that man got down on his knee, held up a beautiful ring and asked me to be his wife. And he wasn't joking. I might not have led on that I had been secretly hoping and dreaming of to be his wife, but this is hands-down my dream come true for 2011.
    My wildest dream for next year?? To climb Mt. Shasta (finally), to "retire" from my regular job at the end of 2012 when my fiance retires so we can hit the road in our RV and travel the country (poor but happy) and to find a source of income to help fund the great RV adventure. I am frightened and thrilled about the future, trying to find a healthy balance of planning yet living in the now. But one thing is for sure, I will have my best-friend by my side and, with him, anything is possible.

4. Emily Perry says:

yoga dream come true— heels hit the floor in down dog. for 2011, i would love to be able to drop back and stand up.
    Great idea!

5. Tanya Lee Markul says:

Stimulating questions!!!

Posting to Elephant Yoga on Facebook and Twitter.

Tanya Lee Markul, Yoga Editor
    Join us! Like Elephant Yoga on Facebook

6. Loren says:

I want to be able to access and believe in my dreams, but for me this is really difficult, I struggle to acknowledge my dreams as to speak them will curse them, so so my perverse mind keeps telling me. So today's reverb is a real challenge for me. I looked at it last night to have the evening to ponder it, and woke up this morning with nothing! Therefore I am going to have to say that my wildest dream for 2012 will be to access and embrace my dreams. I want to be able to feel them and revel in them and hope and intend for them to come true. As for 2011, I had many intentions and many of them have been realised, but my secret dream did not manifest and that is because I have not been true to myself. Until I am more of my authentic self I will not realise that dream.

7. [...] this year? December 5 – Sueño (Dream) What was your dream come true in 2011? What is your wildest dream for 2012? December 4 – Guru (Teacher) What was the most important lesson you learned about [...]

8. yoga freedom says:

Congratulations! Sounds like a nice dream.