Flowga.

Via on Jan 30, 2012

Flowmotion® :: Sarah Tomson Beyer :: Yoga Flow 4 (2008)

With thanks for the heads up to F*ckyeahyoga on Tumblr:

YouTube Preview Image

Reminds me of Shiva Rea. Reminds me a little of the personal yoga flow as taught by Erich Schiffman. Reminds me a little of the Equinox video. I could do without the floating “lifestyle” words…but otherwise, as FYYoga says, beautiful and interesting transitions.

From the video:

Flowmotion® :: Sarah Tomson Beyer :: http://www.flowmotionstyle.com + http://mesheeky.com/ :: An internationally recognized teacher and entrepreneur based in Park City, Utah; Sarah is the creator of Flowmotion® and the Founder / Chief Executive Sheekynista of the progressive apparel line, meSheeky. She has been featured on the cover of Yoga Journal, in a video with Shiva Rea, and in several other yoga-related publications. Music :: Africa by Cottonbelly

Desktop/Tablet banner

About Waylon Lewis

Elephriends - Mindful Partners

190x1902-EJ-clothing

23 Responses to “Flowga.”

1. Tanya Lee Markul Tanya Lee Markul says:

Pretty.
    I really like the music!

Posting to Elephant Yoga on Facebook and Twitter.

Tanya Lee Markul, Yoga Editor
    Like Elephant Yoga on Facebook

2. V-yogi-J says:

If there is a flow i don't see it all i see are jump cuts and trippy edits. oh right is just marketing.

3. v-Yogi-j says:

Ahh haa haa ughh . This is a marketing ad for yoga pants. There is no flow. I only see jump cuts and trippy edits. Nice try now go back to making money.

4. v-yogi-j says:

looks like elephant has been sold to the cult of the white yoga pant.
    I'll keep writing you keep censoring.

5. v-yogi-j says:

Hey now the posts are back. Sorry, didn't mean to be redundant. Is there a lag time for posts or is that editing?

6. Yogatchr says:

I like the transitions. I think maybe I'll try practicing them today in slow motion in front of a fan and see if I don't feel sassier.

7. yoga_sister_mc says:

beautiful flow. inspires me to be more fluid in my practice and transitions. as a dancer and yogi, i see the flow being driven by the rhythm within. honoring our inner rhythm feeds the flow and adds diversity to the practice. let's care less about the pants and more about the feeling.
    disclosure: i own lots of meSheeky and the clothes perform and wear fantastically. i prefer to support a small US based company.

8. PranaGirl says:

I think this video is simply stunning. I have had the pleasure of meeting Sarah, and she is most gracious and humble and kind and caring. She is the epitome of FLOW and GRACE.
    I for one, see nothing to complain about at all in this video. I just see pure beauty; inside and out.

9. lotuslove says:

This video is beautifu!. It makes me think of how it "feels" to practice. I love the mesheeky line, I own multiple pieces and I feel sassy and confident when I wear them….and who doesnt need a litte more "sass" in their lives??!!

10. Brooke says:

I love this video + find my self re-watching it about once a month. It magnifies the true beauty of the in-between + makes me wonder how I can invite this sort of grace into my every day in-betweens.

11. AKA says:

Love it! I am glad people who know what they are doing also design/market yoga clothes – otherwise we would have crap to practice in. Just sayin'. :)

12. Micah says:

Beautiful video of an inspiring teacher, that is, if you happen to have any context to supply to this bare bones blog entry. I find it a bit hard to understand just what Waylon was hoping to accomplish by posting a four year old youtube video with little to no substantive commentary or feedback. What was the point exactly? Slow news day? Looking to clock out early for lunch?

It so happens that I have actually taken classes and workshops taught by Sarah, so I know that her polished style is backed up by substantial substance and experience, but even if I hadn't, I wouldn't have been so quick to judge.

13. Joy says:

I have had the opportunity to meet sarah and practice with her. She is an amazing person and a kick ass teacher. I have traveled twice from the east coast out west to practice with her. She rocks!

• Vision_Quest2 says:

I dance … but, the only time I ever mixed dance with yoga was in working out with a Patricia Moreno dvd …

This Flowmotion would probably be a real trippy class — hoping the prerequisite for taking it is not urdhva dhanurasana (wheel) with straight arms … because I never really got that far …

• love+flow to you, sweet Joy! i love having you in class :)

14. Swami bruce says:

Wonder what Patanjali would think.

15. Katherine says:

annoying short clips and close-ups. Would have been more watchable to see and unbroken sequence.

16. KAJ says:

love it – it truly is an art and even more beautiful in person. She makes it look soooo easy though and it defiinitely takes some skill and some letting go of the stiffness so that you can allow more fluidity into the practice. Sara – you go girl – Keep up the motion!

Love, love, love

17. Candice Garrett Candice Garrett says:

Loved it! Love the music! Loved all of it. Bonus points if you can track down that song for me ;)

18. hey Ian A – i so appreciate your clarity + honesty….cheers to you + keep shining! love+flow, Sarah

19. Vision_Quest2 says:

Oh, actually, there's a third way to look at "in between", but that's only because I dance, too.

The transitions (the "in betweens" between the poses) are as important as the poses … this is vinyasa, too, at its most trancelike …

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• `•.¸¸.•´´¯`••