How it’s made: Bacon.

Via on Jan 7, 2012

You love bacon. She loves bacon. We all love bacon.

(Some of us love pigs more than bacon, so we don’t eat it)

But for nearly all of us modern folk, we’re too distant from the production or killing of our food. So it’s good to get to know how it gets to us.

YouTube Preview Image

About Waylon Lewis

4 Responses to “How it’s made: Bacon.”

1. elephantjournal says:

Jennifer Wade repulsive
    7 hours ago · UnlikeLike · 1
    #
    Farnk Lawon i know how its destroyed…..
    7 hours ago · UnlikeLike · 1
    Jennifer Wade http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUoCZOOxgv8&sn
    7 hours ago · UnlikeLike · 1
    #
    Geoffrey Malone Am I the only one not shocked or disgusted? I am in oz and we don't really have all the smoked and honey bacon so much… I mean it's meat. It's brutal and animals are slaughtered for its consumption, but this is not really terribly shocking
    7 hours ago · UnlikeLike · 1
    #
    Charmaine Dupont wow, i didn't think i could be more repulsed about eating bacon, I was wrong !
    7 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    Paulina Guerrero I wasn't disgusted by it at all. I find some of the over processed faux-meats though, with their 200 weird to pronounce ingredients, more disturbing. I'd rather eat whole foods overall.
    5 hours ago · UnlikeLike · 5
    Claudia Johnson Just gross
    2 hours ago · LikeUnlike
    Claudia Johnson And all those beautiful pigs :-(
    2 hours ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Laura Maschal You left out the killing part…
    2 hours ago · UnlikeLike · 1
    #
    Uelia Hayward Well, It's a good thing our ancestors weren't so put off by the slaughter of animals or none of our brains would be developed enough to be having this conversation.
    53 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1
    Karen Puerini-Razza so not true Uelia

#
    elephantjournal.com The point of this actually wasn't to disgust. I found this rather even-handed how-it's-made video online and thought it was informative. As I said in the blog, whether we eat meat or no, we're all too ignorant and distant from the sourcing and production of our food. And that's a problem that leads to environmental devastation, factory farms, obesity or food neurosis. ~ Waylon

2. maru says:

cruel and gross, bad combination

3. Charlie says:

I like bacon. I just had some for breakfast and wanted to find out how all those slices got laid out so neatly in the package. I didn’t learn that but I did learn how bacon is made in the modern world.
    I have to eat to survive. Some of what I eat is animal matter and some of it is plant matter. In the end something is going to die so that I can live. I am OK with that.