Since Martin Luther King Jr. was about dreams, this is a list of who I’d really like to see in yoga class this year. I hope the Universe is listening:
• Tim Tebow. We’ll do Anjanasana together (the kneeling pose). I might have to adjust your hips a little bit. Right?
• George Clooney. Class will be canceled if he shows up. Booooyah!
• Erma Bombeck. It’s a long shot, but hey, I’m a dreamer.
• Jane Fonda. Love her. She is showing all of us the way after 50, or 60 or 70.
• Oprah. She will probably dig my theme because it may have come from her.
• A teenager, any teenager but especially a really tight, self-conscious one will do.
• My mom. She needs it. Same with my dad. And my husband.
• And everyone who did shit to me. I can treat you nicely. It will freaking kill you.
• Buddha. Another long shot, but I’d like to help him with Child’s Pose.
• B.K.S. Iyengar. I will humbly kneel at your feet, sir.
• Vanda Scaravelli, my original inspiration. The most beautiful yogi even at 92.
• Julia Childs, who did what she loved and turned it into a gift to the world. And after class we’ll have dinner, which I’m pretty sure I won’t have to make.
Michelle Berman Marchildon is an award-winning journalist, a former corporate executive and a survivor of 50+ years of life. She’s the author of “Finding More on the Mat: How I Grew Better, Wiser and Stronger through Yoga.” She teaches Anusara-Inspired and Power Yoga in Denver, Colorado. Here you can find her blog.
hot on elephant
Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 1 share A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 0 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 37,132 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,118 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,275 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 541 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 457 shares I’m Done being your Dirty Little Secret. 795 shares 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share Ten Things I’ve Learned from Not Getting Wasted. 1,021 share