Spicy Coconut-Lime Cauliflower Rice (Vegan)
I’ve been wanting to try out cauliflower as rice now for a while, and it turned out better than expected!
The cauliflower basically takes on the flavor of anything you cook it with, so one can only imagine the possibilities here. You could use this as rice inside of a burrito, with your favorite stir-fry dish, as a side on Thanksgiving…you name it!
Cauliflower is a cruciferous veggie (liver-loving) which promotes detoxification in the body and is especially wonderful to eat in the winter months. It’s also packed full of antioxidants which, if we’re being honest here, we all could use a bit more of on a daily basis! Here is a bit more info, if you’re curious!
- 1 Head cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Fresh springs of mint
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Hunk of fresh ginger (thumbnail sized piece)
- 1 Tbsp agave (or raw honey if vegitarian)
- Lime zest for garnish
- Mix Cauliflower florets in a food processor until pieces are small and rice sized. Don’t over mix as the cauliflower can get mushy!
- Blend the lime juice, coconut oil, honey, ginger and chili powder in a high-speed blender.
- Soak the cauliflower rice with the lime sauce for about 10 minutes while
- Eat it raw or heat it up in a pan with some additional coconut oil and chili powder. Top with lime zest. Yowza…this stuff is delicious!
hot on elephant
Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 1 share A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,470 share 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 47,332 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 570 shares I’m Done being your Dirty Little Secret. 1,016 share Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 479 shares Ten Things I’ve Learned from Not Getting Wasted. 1,434 share Why Some Loves feel Unfinished, even After we’ve Let Go. 665 shares In Case they Never Told You: a Powerful Message for New Mothers. 1,005 share Best Cover of the Best Love Song Ever. 339 shares