Spicy Coconut-Lime Cauliflower Rice (Vegan)
I’ve been wanting to try out cauliflower as rice now for a while, and it turned out better than expected!
The cauliflower basically takes on the flavor of anything you cook it with, so one can only imagine the possibilities here. You could use this as rice inside of a burrito, with your favorite stir-fry dish, as a side on Thanksgiving…you name it!
Cauliflower is a cruciferous veggie (liver-loving) which promotes detoxification in the body and is especially wonderful to eat in the winter months. It’s also packed full of antioxidants which, if we’re being honest here, we all could use a bit more of on a daily basis! Here is a bit more info, if you’re curious!
- 1 Head cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Fresh springs of mint
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Hunk of fresh ginger (thumbnail sized piece)
- 1 Tbsp agave (or raw honey if vegitarian)
- Lime zest for garnish
- Mix Cauliflower florets in a food processor until pieces are small and rice sized. Don’t over mix as the cauliflower can get mushy!
- Blend the lime juice, coconut oil, honey, ginger and chili powder in a high-speed blender.
- Soak the cauliflower rice with the lime sauce for about 10 minutes while
- Eat it raw or heat it up in a pan with some additional coconut oil and chili powder. Top with lime zest. Yowza…this stuff is delicious!
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 510 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 7 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 27 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,520 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 5,853 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 431 shares How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,366 share How to Say “F*ck it” to Fear & Anxiety (& Start Living your Life!). 818 shares For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 2,890 shares