Spicy Coconut-Lime Cauliflower Rice (Vegan)
I’ve been wanting to try out cauliflower as rice now for a while, and it turned out better than expected!
The cauliflower basically takes on the flavor of anything you cook it with, so one can only imagine the possibilities here. You could use this as rice inside of a burrito, with your favorite stir-fry dish, as a side on Thanksgiving…you name it!
Cauliflower is a cruciferous veggie (liver-loving) which promotes detoxification in the body and is especially wonderful to eat in the winter months. It’s also packed full of antioxidants which, if we’re being honest here, we all could use a bit more of on a daily basis! Here is a bit more info, if you’re curious!
- 1 Head cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Fresh springs of mint
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Hunk of fresh ginger (thumbnail sized piece)
- 1 Tbsp agave (or raw honey if vegitarian)
- Lime zest for garnish
- Mix Cauliflower florets in a food processor until pieces are small and rice sized. Don’t over mix as the cauliflower can get mushy!
- Blend the lime juice, coconut oil, honey, ginger and chili powder in a high-speed blender.
- Soak the cauliflower rice with the lime sauce for about 10 minutes while
- Eat it raw or heat it up in a pan with some additional coconut oil and chili powder. Top with lime zest. Yowza…this stuff is delicious!
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. My Marriage had to End—for my Life to Begin. The Day I Stopped Running. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012.