Spicy Coconut-Lime Cauliflower Rice (Vegan)
I’ve been wanting to try out cauliflower as rice now for a while, and it turned out better than expected!
The cauliflower basically takes on the flavor of anything you cook it with, so one can only imagine the possibilities here. You could use this as rice inside of a burrito, with your favorite stir-fry dish, as a side on Thanksgiving…you name it!
Cauliflower is a cruciferous veggie (liver-loving) which promotes detoxification in the body and is especially wonderful to eat in the winter months. It’s also packed full of antioxidants which, if we’re being honest here, we all could use a bit more of on a daily basis! Here is a bit more info, if you’re curious!
- 1 Head cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Fresh springs of mint
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Hunk of fresh ginger (thumbnail sized piece)
- 1 Tbsp agave (or raw honey if vegitarian)
- Lime zest for garnish
- Mix Cauliflower florets in a food processor until pieces are small and rice sized. Don’t over mix as the cauliflower can get mushy!
- Blend the lime juice, coconut oil, honey, ginger and chili powder in a high-speed blender.
- Soak the cauliflower rice with the lime sauce for about 10 minutes while
- Eat it raw or heat it up in a pan with some additional coconut oil and chili powder. Top with lime zest. Yowza…this stuff is delicious!
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.”