Tantric Philosophy, Sex ‘Til Dawn & The Smell of Your Armpits {poem}.

Via on Jan 21, 2012

On finding God in the softness inside my mouth, the deep bruise of birthmarks, the red-cheeked back of my hand, and muscles like meat before I tenderize them:

Yoga teacher and writer Julie Peters will be teaching a Creative Flow workshop on Love Letters at Highgate YYOGA in Vancouver, BC on February 5th, where you can learn how to write love letters to your lovers and your livers. More information here at YYOGA

She is also teaming up with Chris Gilpin to teach a poetry workshop on how to supercharge your originality at East Side Yoga Studio in Vancouver. More info on that here: http://eastsideyogastudio.com/studio/Events.html

She will also be in Seattle featuring at the Seattle Poetry Slam at Rebar on Tuesday February 21st, and leading two workshops on how yoga can spark your creativity and get you writing at Maya Whole Health Studios in Renton, WA, on February 24th and 25th, 2012. Come join her: no experience necessary, sharing welcome but never required.

More information on her website here: www.jcpeters.ca/news

About Julie JC Peters

Julie (JC) Peters has been practicing yoga on and off from the tender age of 12, and it has gotten her through everything from the horrors of teenagedom to a Master’s degree in Canadian Poetry. She is a yoga teacher, spoken word poet, and writer, and teaches workshops on yoga and writing called Creative Flow. Julie also owns East Side Yoga in Vancouver with her mom, Jane.

13 Responses to “Tantric Philosophy, Sex ‘Til Dawn & The Smell of Your Armpits {poem}.”

1. fabio says:

wow, raw sensual alive

2. A-freaking-mazing! Need to listen to it several more times.

3. catnipkiss says:

oh, how I remember those kind of nights, and I pray I will rediscover them again…… soon…… (God, are you listening?) – Alexa M.

4. Julian Walker yogijulian says:

"the scent of these armpits is aroma finer than prayer" ~ whitman :)

5. Tobye Hillier yogi tobye says:

Love it!

Just posted to elephant main page on facebook and Elephant Culture

6. karlsaliter says:

Brilliant! Where is my Maru? I have the urge to pray.

7. Christopher says:

Finally, honesty I can relate to. Thanks so much. You brought tears of joy to my eyes. Awesome!

8. [...] state as we cross over, do we begin our next life from a better place? Either way, don’t you crave that your passage out of here be not a crawl but a flight? Flight trumps crawl: they did [...]

9. [...] we accidentally record only the chorus of the song? If god is love and we are god and love is us and we have sex, then isn’t sex just a part of the story that is us and love and [...]

10. Eric says:

Julie, any man lucky enough to be loved by you had better hit his goddamned knees and give thanks.
    Brava!!

11. sandclothandashes says:

Woah.

12. [...] been you. You’ve been me. We’ve been one, God was allowed to be in us each moment, [...]