Who Says Yoga Isn’t Great For Weight Loss? This Video Shows You How.

Via on Jan 11, 2012

Enlightenment Can Wait–I Have some Holiday Fat to Blast with Yoga!

Have you gone too far down into the vat of holiday cheer, and emerged a few pounds heavier?
Yoga can help you reclaim your body’s best balance, stat.

Yoga can be the worst exercise form ever to help you blast those holiday calories…or it can be one of the best. It all depends on which style and level you choose.

I lost 40 pounds (and gained all the other peace, centering, detox and self-awareness benefits that yoga brings) by doing a style of yoga, Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga I created specifically to give us the most body, mind and heart benefits in less time. It’s built from 17 years of philosophy and asana study, married to the new anatomy information we’re learning from master Yogi/anatomists like Leslie Kaminoff, my mentor, and Tom Myers, the genius who discovered the Deep Core Line that is our body’s source of greatest and most efficient power.

When you move from the ground up and the inner body outward, and make every transition into yet another delicious opportunity to gain healthy, whole-body strength and flexibility, you will build lean muscle mass, and you will begin to burn more calories all day long. Plus, the Golden Flame breath you’re about to learn will stoke your metabolic and digestive fires, optimizing the foods you do eat, and ensuring that you’ll be nourished, yet fit.

To experience what it’s like to move along with your natural muscular integrity, try the following sequence:

MY YOGA FOR BLASTING FAT/HOLIDAY CALORIES: If you do this video once or twice every day for 21 days, and eat fresh, healthy whole foods, you’ll look and feel amazing, both inside and out! And yes…a little enlightenment may even creep up on you too, while you’re at it.

Enjoy!

Desktop/Tablet banner

About Sadie Nardini

Sadie Nardini, is the founder of Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga, an anatomically-optimized flow style that gives you more results and benefits for every minute spent on your yoga mat. She is a holistic anatomy geek, healthy hedonism advocate, yoga expert, author, and TV host who travels internationally bringing empowering tools to yoga teachers and students everywhere. Her new book, The 21-Day Yoga Body: A Metabolic Makeover, Life-Styling Manual to Get You Fit, Fierce and Fabulous in Just 3 Weeks! (Random House), is out now, and her TV show, Rock Your Yoga, is playing across the country on the new Veria Living Network. With Sadie, you'll sweat, laugh, learn, and come away transformed, informed, and inspired anew. Learn more at www.SadieNardini.com.

Elephriends - Mindful Partners

190x1902-EJ-clothing

14 Responses to “Who Says Yoga Isn’t Great For Weight Loss? This Video Shows You How.”

1. Shellie says:

LOVED IT :)

2. Becky says:

I love it! Sadie is truely amazing and intelligent! I like this because I am a mother of four, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to practice yoga, and this is good for a day/night when I can get a quick yoga practice in and feel energized! After doing this, I have more energy to get to the daily duties i.e. homework and the lovely housework! This exercise is PERFECT! I encourage EVERYONE it try it. You will feel OM-AZING! Take time for yourself-You deserve it!

3. Nancy says:

super great! thanks, just started a training program for a May marathon, and needed to kick things up a bit from my daily practice.

4. Lana says:

I love your yoga practice, Sadie. Thank you very much.

5. Caroline says:

Hi Sadie, Love the fat burning video! My daughter and I have been doing the yoga together and I can feel the difference in the fatty stomach area

6. sadieyoga says:

Thanks, lovely yogis!! It does my heart good to know you're practicing at home, and just doing YOU even more fit, and fiercely. Keep up the good work!

7. Tanya Lee Markul Tanya Lee Markul says:

You rock, Sadie!

Just posted to "Popular Lately" on the Elephant Yoga homepage.

Posting to Elephant Yoga on Facebook and Twitter.

Tanya Lee Markul, Yoga Editor
    Join us! Like Elephant Yoga on Facebook

8. sadieyoga says:

THANKS, Tanya! It's like finding the golden ticket in my Willy Wonka chocolate bar;)

9. [...] Who Says Yoga Isn’t Great For Weight Loss? This Video Shows You How. [...]

10. [...] years and 40 pounds (and a whoooole lotta bad habits) ago, I stumbled upon this practice in a gym while looking for the ab cruncher thingy. Go figure. [...]

11. This diet works very fast… It really impresses when we got positive results… My grandpa used it and get positive results. Thanks

12. I believe in yoga deep breathing exercise for weight loss. However, yoga won't work alone. Like any other burning fats/calories technique, it works well with proper diet and healthy approach. Or let's just say they work together effectively.

13. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you may be
    a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back sometime soon.
    I want to encourage you to continue your great job, have a nice afternoon!

14. LOVE it. Adding to my practice!