Acroyoga = Beauty.

Via on Feb 18, 2012

Beautiful, Sexy, Intimate, Powerful, Fast: Acroyoga.

More videos.

The best video I’ve ever seen on the subject…and I’ve seen a bunch. The bar’s been raised, what other videos out there do you love? Leave the link in comments, I’ll add it in here.

YouTube Preview Image

acro yoga with chelsey korus and matt giordano.

matt’s website: http://theyogimatt.com

Desktop/Tablet banner

About Waylon Lewis

Elephriends - Mindful Partners

190x1902-EJ-clothing

38 Responses to “Acroyoga = Beauty.”

1. JinpaG says:

Yah … pretty. Far from the yoga I enjoy and do, and lovely nonetheless.

2. Ozz says:

I love the playful sensuality of this. Just astonishing and delightful.

3. elephantjournal says:

Tammy Binkley Here is my favorite, I think it is the BEST! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC3jEA8s7fA

4. Wowwww. It's like a sexier, more intimate Cirque de Soleil Love it.

5. thank you for the feature, and the kind words Waylon, we greatly appreciate it.

6. Lorin Arnold Lorin says:

If I had a yoga dude in my life, I would so get working on this.

7. Tanya Lee Markul Tanya Lee Markul says:

All I can say is: YOWZA.

Posting to Elephant Yoga on Facebook and Twitter.

Tanya Lee Markul, Yoga Editor
    Like Elephant Yoga on Facebook

8. Fun! Acro yoga is super fun, respectful play. Thanks for the video!

9. zea says:

Here is a video for AcroYoga Montreal that is my favorite http://youtu.be/m53Za6pNWfA

10. Nicole says:

This is my ALL TIME FAV! THERE ARE SO MANY AND SUCH GREAT AND INSPIRING PEOPLE!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMYQA8WdTBk&fe

• elephantjournal says:

After watching that, I feel that all is wholesome and happy and right with the world again! It's like a Hippie Fantasy, only real!

• tea says:

nicole thank u for posting nina and boris they have an incredible connection and it was fun,palpable and plain epic awesome

• honestly they're personalities are as sweet as this video. They are forever smiling, and sharing the love. Nina and Boris; as generous as they come, they will share their practice, their humor, their home, and anything else that they have to offer. thanks for posting Nicole!

11. Alison says:

Acro yoga as dance. Simply beautiful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQI-9Wo7RNM

12. John says:

Currently quite like this… http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=cWIhXzZT8dE&… not so convinced by the content – the whole "attraction" theme is a bit hackneyed – but the technique is very good, there's some genuinely inventive tricks, and the angle is always chosen to show enough of the trick to see how it's done when you try to recreate it.

13. AnOldTimer says:

Looks lovely and a lot of fun, but…. am I the only one old enough to know this is just plain old acrobatics?

People used to do this in theaters, circuses, on the beaches and at fairs when I was a kid.

It' really great, but it's got nothing to do with yoga at all, except for marketing. You stick the word 'yoga' on it and it sells nowadays.

14. zea says:

that is the bomb shit!!!!

15. yes this is Acrobatics and you are correct it is nothing new, its just becoming popular again. AcroYoga is actually a style of yoga that uses the three lineages of Acrobatics, Yoga, and Thai Massage to teach trust, compassion, kindness, and focus…amongst many other aspects. I wouldnt consider AcroYoga to be Hatha Yoga, even though it uses Asana with in the teachings. But I would say it is Yoga in the same way that Karma Yoga, and bhakti Yoga are forms of yoga that dont necessarily incorporate asana (poses). The Question we all should be asking these days is WHAT IS YOGA?

To me Yoga is as the Patanjali states in the Yoga Sutras "The Science of the Mind". So long as you are studying your reactions, impulses, triggers, patterns, and all the beauty that rests in your heart, then I dont think it matters what you do in terms of creating a practice around that.

All that said…what you see in this video is two yogi's practicing connection, awareness, focus, breath, within the physical confines and structure of Acrobatics.

let me know your thoughts!

16. AnOldTimer says:

I have no problem asking the question "What is yoga?" so long as the answer isn't "Anything that feels good and we want to stick the label onto."

Look, I find acroyoga as I've seen it in the videos stunningly beautiful to watch. I have nothing against it. And my pointing out that a new name is unnecessary (since its already got a name in 'acrobatics' etc yadda yadda) may just be me being an old fart.

But what you beautifully describe above about connection, awareness, focus, etc., also already has a name — "Mindfulness." Someone can do gardening mindfully with their children and have a connection. You can ride bikes mindfully with your life partner and get the same. You can join a group of volunteers and clean up an abandoned lot and… the same. I just don't feel enlivened by this need to re-invent wheels, throw in a few twists so you can trademark something that's a long-standing human endeavor, and then call it something new. I just feel that is a trend that is wearing thin and makes it hard for me to take this "latest yoga thing" too seriously.

But again, me = old fart. So take what I say for what it's worth.

17. Peace Pipe says:

I agree with you whole heartily Old Timer. I like what Eugene Poku & Jessie Goldberg of AcroYoga Montreal say on their website about their contribution to AcroYoga
    " Our form of AcroYoga has morphed organically out of our dance. We didn’t create anything new all we did was put our personal expression on movement forms that already existed and remembered sequences that have been in the universe since the beginning of time. To claim ownership of an organic process is against everything we stand for.”

18. Jacopo says:

Many interesting comments here, i write from Italy where i'm teaching AcroYoga since 2 years, people love it and expecially they love to bring the Yogic attitude in something that for most of them was not even in theyr mind before: acrobatics and massage in the same pot!
    Many people thanks to this practice find out that they can do things they never thought was possible for them and become like childs again! that's enough to say that acroyoga is something good and thanks o the people who are bringing this to others ;-)

19. [...] remind each other, partner to partner, that we are not new anymore. This is hard, but it is also beautiful. We will wear our stories on our ruined bodies and those stories are who we are. They are poems, [...]

20. [...] slept in today, since I was planning on going to a friend’s acroyoga class this [...]

21. SireneB says:

If you're in L.A., lots of acroyoga on the acro green (Old Muscle Beach in Santa Monica, just south of the Santa Monica pier). Sunday afternoons are best for catching the action.

22. theexperientialmover says:

http://youtu.be/gQI-9Wo7RNM I thought these guys were pretty amazing as well

23. Ruthie Ocean says:

Pretty much anything done by Chelsey and Jason Magness, Lux Sterstein, and Yogaslackers is amazing. Their Acrogasm tours give unbelievably beautiful flows.

24. Crunchybrownthing says:

I think this one is the best..Editing and music also make it super sensual. helps also that it's an actual couple http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL4kfGpa5E8

25. Dragonfly says:

Very moving…….

26. Who cares says:

And?? Switch off the sound, switch on your brain and watch it again – then ask yourself a sincere question. Why? What do they do it for? And why all these "OMG" comments below? What do these juggling bodies mean at all? They show nothing but the insatiable desire to entertain others and each other first of all. Just think of it. So much time, effort, energy – in vain.
    Probably monkeys had the same activity a couple million years ago when they had no brain to do something else. Sure, we're also still evolving… ;)