(Social) Media & the New (Spiritual) Business Paradigm Video. ~ Ben Ralston

Via on Feb 17, 2012

YouTube Preview Image

Got a stinking cold, -10 degrees outside, seminars to teach tomorrow, sleep deprived for the last 15 months, and Diane Ferraro goes and tempts me with her PJ’s. What’s a guy to do…

About Ben Ralston

Ben Ralston almost joined the army when he was 18. When he was 32 he almost became a Swami. *** Now he is a healer, Reference Point Therapy teacher, and advanced Yoga instructor in the Sivananda tradition . His work as a healer acknowledges trauma as the underlying cause of almost all human problems, and resolves trauma at the causal level: gut-based survival instincts. The intention behind all his work is to empower others. *** Ben splits his time between his busy international practice, training therapists, and writing. As an experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher he also runs retreats, usually on the beautiful Croatian coast. *** Connect with Ben on Facebook. Read more of his writing on his new website with integrated blog! Yes, he's excited about that :)

764 views

19 Responses to “(Social) Media & the New (Spiritual) Business Paradigm Video. ~ Ben Ralston”

1. Suresh M. Nair says:

Hi Ben,

Nice video on a great topic. If i'm correct, you're saying that people need to maintain their moral and social integrity no matter how they address the world, be it social media or newspaper ads.
    As a professional copywriter – so, someone who positions products and services according to the needs of consumers online or via direct mail – the last part of your video had a particular relevance for me.
    The process of writing copy, of advertising, is a mutually reinforcing one – as we the people get more and more educated (in the true sense of the word) and our understanding grows, the messages that appeal to us must also necessarily become more sophisticated and personal, which makes us more savvy and perhaps harder to please the next time – and so the cycle continues to evolve.
    Food for thought :-)

Best regards,
    Suresh

• Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

Thanks Suresh, yes, I think that it's partly about the cycle of 'savvy' and sophisticated messages – but more so about the fact that the message itself must change. So that instead of being open to manipulation, people are more attracted to messages with heart. I think that we all – no matter what our profession – need to focus on working from a place of deeper sincerity, integrity, and Truth. I believe that this will guarantee our success – both in material terms, but also in terms of reputation, and personal fulfillment.

• Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

I think it's really important that no matter what you do – copywriting for a paper, medical doctor, graphic designer, therapist, refuse disposal officer! – you do it with integrity. I feel really strongly, in my bones, that as a species we're being 'asked' to stop up to that plate, and live much more consciously. That means being aware that each of our actions has far reaching consequences, and it's not ok anymore to think only of our own selfish needs and desires.

• Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

This will be the 3rd reply I've left to you Suresh, and if it doesn't work now, I give up.
      Actually I just give up! Thanks for the comment, Ben

2. karlsaliter says:

Here's to the consciousness of love flourishing! Well done, Ben.

3. Tanya Lee Markul Tanya Lee Markul says:

Posting to Elephant Yoga on Facebook and Twitter.

Tanya Lee Markul, Yoga Editor
    Like Elephant Yoga on Facebook

4. Andrea Balt Andréa Balt says:

I'm in love with your voice and spiritual rambling. Hope your cold is gone by now. #LOVE

5. Brilliant, loved it….

Just posted to "Featured Today" on the Elephant Spirituality Homepage.

Braja Sorensen
    Lost & Found in India
    Editor, Elephant Spirituality
    Please go and "Like" Elephant Spirituality on Facebook

6. One of the first things I was told about the "philosophy" of the self is that a materialist will always try to adjust the externals; a spiritualist will adjust the internals.

7. [...] Picks from Monday to Midweek: Famous and fabulous elephant spirituality writer Ben Ralston does social media with spiritual style, Head Coach Bob Weisenberg’s true or false question is a reincarnation from a year back (and [...]

8. Joe Sparks says:

Hi Ben, I think what you are saying to people that the ideas that they've always treasured deep within themselves—that human beings are good, are smart, mean well to each other and should be able to solve their difficulties and get along—are sound.

9. Ruchi says:

Hi Ben, Thanks for sharing your thoughts in this video! I had never thought of it the way you described…that we are changing inside …and its being reflected on the outside…such a simple concept..but, never had thought of it that way before…so, thank you!! Your video gave me hope and reassurance…that EVERYthing will be OKAY… :-) needed that…