Social Media: Tool or Weapon? {Video}

Via on Feb 15, 2012

Every time you sit at your computer and press send, you have a choice:

Are you going to put more love out into the world? Or hate?

Choose wisely!

About Kate Bartolotta

Kate Bartolotta is the strongest girl in the world. She is the love child of a pirate and a roller derby queen. She hails from the second star to the right. Her love of words is boundless, but she knows that many of life’s best moments are completely untranslatable. When she is not writing, you may find her practicing yoga, devouring a book, playing with her children, planting dandelions, or dancing barefoot with her heart on her sleeve. She is madly in love with life and does not know how this story ends; she’s making it up as she goes. Kate is the owner and editor-in-chief of Be You Media Group. She also writes for The Huffington Post, elephant journal, The Good Men Project, The Green Divas, Yoganonymous, The Body Project, Project Eve, Thought Catalog and Soulseeds. She facilitates writing workshops and retreats throughout North America. Heart Medicine, Kate's book on writing, is now available on Amazon.com You can follow Kate on Facebook and Twitter

435 views

14 Responses to “Social Media: Tool or Weapon? {Video}”

1. Jessica Durivage Jessica says:

KATE! I LOVE THIS! You are the real deal girl. One question… where is the #glitter? #toesox? lol.

2. Tatum Bacchi tatumann says:

I agree with this 100%. AND would like to add that as the reader of posts (blogs, comments, shared photos, etc…) to remember that what we get from what we're reading is sometimes not at all what the writer was trying to say. Much like texts, when you're not in a verbal conversation with someone it's easy to totally misconstrue the message. And we have a responsibility to try not to overreact. Which is why I sometimes over use smiley faces and emoticons and there is a huge need for a sarcasm font! :) AND (at least for me) it's a learning experience. Sometimes I just have to say I'm sorry, I didn't think it through and make better choices next time round.

3. Julian Walker yogijulian says:

nicely done – made a response:

4. [...] response to Angela Arnett and Kate Bartolotta’s thoughtful videos, and by request from Jessica Durivage, here are some thoughts inspired by the [...]

5. Karl Saliter Karl Saliter says:

Good call Kate. Happy to see the industrial size java, btw.

6. Tanya Lee Markul Tanya Lee Markul says:

Oh my gosh, Kate, I totally love you.

7. Chris Grosso says: