Social Media: Tool or Weapon? {Video}

Via on Feb 15, 2012

Every time you sit at your computer and press send, you have a choice:

Are you going to put more love out into the world? Or hate?

Choose wisely!

About Kate Bartolotta

Kate Bartolotta is the strongest girl in the world. She is the love child of a pirate and a roller derby queen. She hails from the second star to the right. She doesn't know how to behave with all the apples and ibexes. She doesn't suffer from her eight million freckles, she loves them! Like a rolling stone, Kate gathers no moss. Kate loves kale, being barefoot, Dr. Seuss, singing too loudly, gallivanting, palindromes, blackberries and has far too many books for her own good. When she's not writing, you can find her practicing yoga, running in the woods, playing with her kids, devouring a book, planting dandelions, changing the world and doing her dishes. Kate does not play the accordion. She is a massage therapist, writer and a compassionate friend to all. This year Kate aspires to finally give up on learning to knit and will instead spend that time putting a little bit more of her heart on the page. Connect with Kate on Facebook and Twitter

435 views

(We use super-secure PayPal—but don't worry—you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

14 Responses to “Social Media: Tool or Weapon? {Video}”

1. Jessica says:

KATE! I LOVE THIS! You are the real deal girl. One question… where is the #glitter? #toesox? lol.

2. tatumann says:

I agree with this 100%. AND would like to add that as the reader of posts (blogs, comments, shared photos, etc…) to remember that what we get from what we're reading is sometimes not at all what the writer was trying to say. Much like texts, when you're not in a verbal conversation with someone it's easy to totally misconstrue the message. And we have a responsibility to try not to overreact. Which is why I sometimes over use smiley faces and emoticons and there is a huge need for a sarcasm font! :) AND (at least for me) it's a learning experience. Sometimes I just have to say I'm sorry, I didn't think it through and make better choices next time round.

3. yogijulian says:

nicely done – made a response:

4. [...] response to Angela Arnett and Kate Bartolotta’s thoughtful videos, and by request from Jessica Durivage, here are some thoughts inspired by the [...]

5. Karl Saliter says:

Good call Kate. Happy to see the industrial size java, btw.

6. Tanya Lee Markul says:

Oh my gosh, Kate, I totally love you.

7. Chris Grosso says: