So You Wanna Date a Yoga Goddess? ~ Heidi Parker

Via on Mar 13, 2012

Do you have what it takes to date a Yoga Goddess?

“It’s not what you call me, but what I answer to. I am a Goddess. I’m not afraid of the dark because I shine my own bright light through a stained glass window, creating and dancing in my own beauty.” ~ Heidi ♥

Yoga in the West is like a house on fiyaaaaaa!

I suppose it is the new in-thing to say, “Yeah, my girlfriend is a Yoga teacher.” AKA Yoga Goddess. This also includes all the beautiful women who do yoga, not just teachers.

You can seduce an average women’s mind to gain access to her body, but you must speak to a Yoga Goddess’ soul to gain her full attention and affection. We do not give it up easy. A Yoga Goddess knows that her passion is her purpose and living out her dreams will inspire you to do the same. This is her gift that she can give to the world.

A Yoga Goddess is open to everything and attached to nothing. Are you sure you want to venture into unchartered spiritual territory? It is in her nature to believe in something other than her relationships and herself. A Yoga Goddess attunes herself to the divine spirit of guidance, the universe, and always listens to her own intuition when she has to make a difficult decision. She is independent and will not look to you to solve her problems or to hold her hand when times get tough.

Can your ego handle this?

Ego is the reason men beg, steal, borrow, go to the gym and to war. A Yoga Goddess is fully aware of a man’s ego. She knows that love is the answer to any question. She does not want to go to battle with you. She will allow a man to feel in control so he can feel like a God but a Yoga Goddess always takes care of herself first. She will not correct you when you say something stupid, she will just give you that aloof look and allow you to make the correction yourself.

A Yoga Goddess never sees her man when she is running on empty. Instead, she takes the time to care for herself by meditating, going to a yoga class, engaging in an active sport, reading a book, spending time alone or with her girlfriends. A Yoga Goddess eats when she is hungry, she sleeps when she is tired and works when she has to. If she does not respond fast enough to your messages, sorry, but she has her own life and will make time for you when time allows. Catch her if you can. If you are trying to find her, most likely she can be found connecting to nature, walking barefoot in the sand, paddling out into the ocean on a surf board, flying through the air on a kite or grounding down to the earth in seated meditation.

A Yoga Goddess believes there is only one master, herself.

Not being led by ego but by mastering her mind and conscious thoughts through practice she can overcome anything. She does not need you to complete her, instead she needs you to compliment her. If you want to hang onto her, you must support her dreams and she will also embrace yours and provide the same support in return. The Yoga Goddess is whole and she is looking to attract another whole person. This is not a Jerry Maguire—“You complete me”—sorta story. Do not come carrying baggage because she travels light and does not carry a heavy load, she is free. When love floods her heart and starts to spill over, this is when, and only when, she can offer it to you.

You see, A Yoga Goddess is quite content to be on her own, never feeling alone because she finds a connection in the innate oneness of all beings. A Yoga Goddess lives in the moment. She forgives you and herself if a mistake is made because after all, she is human and understands we all make mistakes. She has compassion for everyone including herself. She does not bring up the past because she knows the past no longer exists and she does not live there. She does not focus on the future because it has yet to come, nor does it exist. She lives for today, for this moment, enjoying and appreciating each moment—truly living Santosha (contentment). She is happy for what she has. If you give her a gift, she is forever grateful—because though she gives without any expectation and attachment, she is not expecting it; because she knows that having expectations can lead to disappointment.

When a Yoga Goddess sees another beautiful woman, she is not jealous; she looks at her in awe and acknowledges her beauty. She will not judge another or engage in gossip because that goes against her own beauty. She does not want drama. She has more important things to philosophize about. She realizes that when she stumbles, it is only herself she is tripping over. She does not blame anyone and does the work necessary to fix her own self.

A Yoga Goddess is from the world. She is free. Free to be.

I created Seeking Santosha, a small boutique lifestyle wellness company, after ten years of a corporate rat-race lifestyle. I finally found the courage to follow my truest desires and live out my dream of running my own business. I am here to inspire you to do the same. To be the change you wish to see in the world, together, a common goal. I believe in the innate oneness of all beings. I will always speak (or write) my truth. I write for me because I always wanted to be a writer but I allowed my own flame to be blown out by the negative words of others. I love to write and no one can ever take that away from me again. It is your choice to read, or not to read. Thank you for treading lightly over my dreams. It is my purpose and life’s mission to inspire through living a yogic lifestyle. I give back to humanity through my yoga practice, by teaching, volunteering, traveling, living in the moment, loving, sharing, and giving. I want to inspire people to gain the courage to live out their dreams. I am following my dream and passion and feel I have finally found my mission and life’s purpose. Living it inspires others to do the same. When you are happy, everyone benefits. Love, peace, light, and Oneness! You could reach me via email or through Facebook.

~

Prepared by Soumyajeet Chattaraj/Edited by Tanya L. Markul

Like Elephant Yoga on Facebook.

About elephant journal

49 Responses to “So You Wanna Date a Yoga Goddess? ~ Heidi Parker”

1. derek says:

Eeep. I'd love to date a girl who shares my passion for yoga — but probably not this one … or any girl who refers to herself as a "Yoga Goddess"; I mean really. Talk about having a high opinion of yourself! A healthy self-esteem is a good thing … but I'm not sure I'd want to date anyone who sees themself as that much of a prize to be "won."

2. Tanya Lee Markul Tanya Lee Markul says:

Posted to Elephant Yoga on Facebook and Twitter.

Tanya Lee Markul, Yoga Editor
    Like Elephant Yoga on Facebook

3. Seeking Santosha says:

Women are not prizes to be won, you are right Derek. The message is a reminder to women, to love your self so you can be independent, whole and happy. Only then we can share this love with another and the world. The playful words of yoga goddess is not a term I created. I was just using it to make the writing fun. Until you have walked in another person's shoes, who are you to judge who I am? Finally I have the self esteem to write what I feel in my heart being abused as a child. It's people like you who always made me hide my passions. Yoga helped give me the courage to share my feelings and gifts with the world. With much compassion to you Derek and your quest to find a women who is strong and to not be intimated by her strength, Heidi

• derek says:

Well… I'm sorry if that was a little harsh. I don't know you so I shouldn't have termed it exactly that way. But while I have heard the term "yoga goddess" before, it's usually to compliment other people, not refer to oneself … it does strike me as jarring and not in keeping with the humility I associate with the practice. That is just my two cents tho… the last thing I want is for anyone to hide their passons…

• yogasamurai says:

Don't apologize! You'll just encourage these kinds of delusions. Seriously, you're totally right on here, and tons of women agree with you.

• yogasamurai says:

For the record, there are "princesses," and there are "goddesses." And there's a higher form – "Queens." That is, someone fit for a King. They are all around, in the humblest of stations and locales. It's achieved with quiet reserve. Do you know the story of Shakti – and how she became Parvati, Shiva's mate? Worth meditating on. Cheers

• Seeking Santosha says:

I actually do not identify myself with any titles. It was just playful writing to catch people's attention. IT WORKED! :)

• Seeking Santosha says:

Yogasamurai…I'm giving you that look without saying a word. … but in case you need words… here are a few….
          Most teachers would say to leave/check your ego at the door when you walk into the yoga studio but I say, as I learned from Jason Crandall, to "bring your ego with you. Place it on your mat and get to know it really well and when it rises out of control you can control it." Don't substitute force for understanding. Step back and understand the nature of the content (see with your heart) before you allow your ego to speak for your mind.

• Seeking Santosha says:

Derek, I do appreciate and accept your apology. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I also practice yoga with humility, it humbles me more and more every day. The yoga goddess thing was just for fun. Like I said, the real message is for women, and a reminder to myself not to get lost within a relationship. To keep our identity, independence and to not be needy. I have been that girl before and being single for two years now and finally taking care of myself and my needs first puts me in a better position to have a healthy relationship. That's really it, that's all. The words are not black and white. There is a grey message throughout and it stems from past heartbreaks and abuse. We are all together as one in this world and we have to remember to come from a place of compassion and love.

4. Roniq says:

Fantastic read Heidi, love it!!! This is how I feel about relationships, very healthy perspective!!! Thank you for sharing:-)

5. Julian Walker yogijulian says:

i have a feeling your meaning is better served by replacing the word "compliment" with the word "complement" in the sentence: "She does not need you to complete her, instead she needs you to compliment her. "

to compliment is to make an admiring remark like "you look great in those lululemon yoga pants."

to complement is to make complete or perfect in the way perhaps that salt might be a complement to pepper or a yoga class might be complemented by a closing meditation….

it is a sweet article – i would be a little cautious though about using the somewhat conceited notion of being a "yoga goddess" to justify being self absorbed and aloof or caught up in an identity of specialness that is almost too good for the conventional world/man…. this may be more of a sign of the immature spiritual seeker.

it is tricky because i think you are writing in a way intended to inspire women, but the article is addressed toward men, and i am not sure that it works in terms of giving men much insight/advice.

all of that said i look forward to more from you and feel your sincere and playful intentions!
    all the best!

• yogasamurai says:

lol…..well, that's certainly artful!

• Seeking Santosha says:

Yes, "complement" …my bad! Thank you for catching that. But I did mention it was not a "Jerry Maguire – you complete me kind of story" so that should lead people, if they saw the movie, to understand my use of compliment meant complement. Yes, like a crisp sauv blanc to a summer salad! Complement!

I don't identify myself with the word "Goddess." Although I did just get interview by an Author for her new book coming out…"Goddess to Goddess." Yikes, she's going to be sent to the stakes for that! LOL.
      These words were used to make the writing fun for the readers. I didn't know it would be so controversial. I guess it worked! :)))))

Re: your comment "immature spiritual seeker," I have been in tune and in touch with my spirit since I was a wee little girl. I have always seen energy dance behind my eyelids and avoided nap time to be entertained by these images. I have gone to church since I was born and my religious beliefs are a mixture from several religions, values and beliefs. How does one become a more "mature spiritual seeker?" I have a very religious yoga and mediation practice and I read several religious books and I practice karma, love, compassion and being a good person.

The article is not actually addressed to men although it would seem that way, I threw that in way after the article was first written. My true intention IS to inspire women to love themselves and be independent as some of us women have made the mistake of getting lost in a relationship, giving and giving to the wrong person because we were not whole to begin with and in the end we have only depleted ourselves even more. I speak for myself and a few of my good friends. Thank you for reading and for your thoughtful comments.

• Julian Walker yogijulian says:

i hear you heidi!

seeing as you ask – and with all due respect: regarding the "immature spiritual seeker" comment, i think the way one becomes a "mature spiritual seeker" is by being less caught up in the trappings and identifications of being "spiritual" or being a "goddess" and more engaged in the unglamorous and humbling work of actually becoming a lot more in touch as a vulnerable, imperfect, honest human being available to the intimacy with others (especially a lover) that such authentic spiritual work makes possible….

this is less about "being in touch with your spirit, seeing energy behind your eyes, or reading several religious books" but more about coming down to earth, dealing with one's shadow, and dropping the somewhat pretentious and defensive initial posturing that makes up one's understandable initial phase of being into all this stuff..

6. Christof says:

I really do like this, and there is some amazing (and fun-to-read) content here!

My favourite quote from here is probably: "… expectations can lead to disappointment." I acknowledge that it is extremely difficult to live with no expectations, but simply delving into the world of Yoga has helped me sunconsciously shift expectations to the side (atleast slightly).

One of the parts I did not like is: "A Yoga Goddess believes there is only one master, herself." A true Yogi knows that we are all masters. I'm not saying you're not a "true Yogi", but I think that statement sounds a little superior, which Yoga is not about. We are all equal, we are all beautiful, we are all masters.

I think a huge undertone of this is the difficulty in finding a partner who can handle the lifestyle and mind of a committed Yogi/spiritual being! I fully agree with that – and I bet you know, as well, that we don't care – we will happily wait it out until we find someone who can handle it (and who is awesome in their own ways – no Yoga necessary to be with us!).

• Seeking Santosha says:

Thank you Christof.
      I learned though B.K.S. Iyengar that "Yoga is the method by which the restless mind is calmed and the energy directed into constructive channels. The mind, when controlled, provides a reservoir of peace and generates abundant energy for human uplift." —Being your own master, was my intention and as B.K.S. Iyengar would agree that when a Yogi can master their mind chatter "the yogi stand in his/her own nature and realises his/her self (Atman), the part of the supreme soul within him/herself."

7. Zack says:

You are too cool for school

8. James says:

Loooool. That was… interesting.

9. Seeking Santosha says:

Yogasamurai….Tone is so hard to understand through these silly messages and I'm certain if we were sitting here face to face, it would not be so harsh. Soooo, I'm sending you a big virtual {{{{{{hug}}}}}}. I don't know you but I have much compassion and love for you and your Buddhist friend, truly. I'm not going to judge either one of you as you have judged me. I'm going to say, in oneness, I love you both and sorry my writing has offended you and your friend. I wish you all the best on your journey. I'm going to bow out here. Can you too? Or do you need to have the last word? Whatever you chose, know my message is sincere. …OH, and I've been spending more time these days in meditation than in actual Asana because the hurricane winds here in Nicaragua have been blowing my mat around. I spend most of my time alone. Not in a yoga studio but in my jungle home in Nicaragua. I do not know the "female yoga world" that you speak of as I've never really lived in a city or been a part of that culture, but again, I understand your judgement and assumptions because you have chosen to see with your mind/ego versus your heart. All the best….In love, and peace, Heidi

10. satyam says:

Just change it to "Yogini"..and the whole context will change and the "grey areas" will become more visible to your detractors.

Good Luck….Keep moving towards the sublime so that you can silence the pain and reach your "Moksha" which after all is the eventual goal.

11. Hector V. Barrientos-Bullock Harleigh Quinn says:

There's really nothing I can say that yoga samurai and a multitude of others have not already said.
    If it's harsh, that's really too bad.
    I just read an article that celebrates ego in a practice that is designed to alleviate one's self of the burden of ego.

That alone tells me the writer COMPLETELY MISSED THE MARK, much less understands yoga or the TRUE yoga goddess….

Thank you, guys.

I could have said none of that better myself. :-)

• Seeking Santosha says:

Gentleman, for a moment can you bring some awareness to your words and your thoughts, are you being judgmental?

In the spirit of the law of pure potentiality I am practicing non-judgement daily. Trying desperately not to judge. Not to judge myself, and my surroundings. Not to judge others. "I will not judge". This is a good mantra.

Judgement can be misconstrued as cynical – "contemptuously distrustful of human nature and motives".

My motives in writing this article were purely for fun and to remind women that when we love ourselves and become independent we can enter into a healthy relationship by attracting another whole person. I live in the jungle in a developing country. I mainly wear flip flops and and cut off jean shorts. I volunteer my time. I got dressed up for these photos, in Nicaragua an hour from my home to attend the International Poetry Festival. I do not work in a yoga studio. I do have a regular meditation and yoga practice. I believe in the innate oneness of all things and beings and I wish you all well on your journey. With our thoughts we make the world. Our words can easily blow out the flame of another. It is better to band together to lift one another up rather than tear someone down.

12. Witness says:

Interesting words from above….
    a) "will not look to you to….hold her hand when times get tough"…..really? who, doesn't want emotional support from their partner?
    b) "Do not come carrying baggage"….really? We all have baggage (those willing to help unpack are those we should keep)!
    c) "She will allow a man to feel in control so he can feel like a God"…..permission to feel in control? Why thank you!

• Seeking Santosha says:

a.) It's only saying that as women we need to learn to depend on ourselves when times get hard. Be independent and not needy. Yes, we all need love and need emotional support but that is not the message here.
      b.) It is a sarcastic comment pertaining to myself because I have been living out of a suitcase for 18 months. … Of course we all have a past but we also need to move past the past, not live in the past. Travel light, emotionally. This will serve you better in the present moment. Live for this moment.
      c.) In a relationship, Men like to feel like the providers but instead of making this all fluffy kittens and puppy wording I chose stronger words to relay a stronger message throughout the writing. And it was a spin off the book, "Why men love bitches."

Thank you for taking the time to seek clarification.

"Never disturb anyone's heart ♥" Even if a person hurts you, give him love."
      "I can't get angry with you, even in a dream."
      "If you can't love each other, you can't achieve your goal."
      —From: be love now, ram dass with rameshwar dass

• Hector V. Barrientos-Bullock Harleigh Quinn says:

Ram Das?
        Really?
        The man is selling clocks to remain relevant, just as Wayne Dwyer is selling CD sets on QVC for the same reason.

At least this explains a lot concerning motivations, utilizing half baked gurus as validation for a point of view.

My spouse, whom I mentioned above, also read Ram Das, Wayne Dwyer, Eckhart Tolle, Rhonda Byrne, Byron Katie, and Osho.

Every single one of the ones I mentioned above are grandiose egos, utilizing the public speaker method to get rich from the insecurities of others.

And Ram Das's quote? : "Never disturb anyone's heart ♥" Even if a person hurts you, give him love."

When the homosexual community needed a spiritual leader of ANY sort, he refused, and still refuses, to admit his homosexuality. The fact he refuses to embrace his own sexual preference (as well as the fact he, like Osho, talks about himself A LOT, in his "teachings") shows that he is an ego that has always been guided by ego and fear.

Okay, I'm done here.

• Hector V. Barrientos-Bullock Harleigh Quinn says:

And my estranged spouse is STILL the most selfish, destructive, ego centric, self deluded individual I have ever known, and that is after reading all the people I mentioned above, as well as even attempting to follow MY path or reading and studying buddhism, the Tao, and Vedic Sciences.

I have argued with both males AND females, that have become spiritual materialists, which I can see right through.

Mother Theresa volunteered because it was the right thing to do, not because of how it made her feel. How it made her feel was a fringe benefit that came later.

• Seeking Santosha says:

Wow, you really need some love Harleigh Quinn. BIG HUG, again. I love how you have tried to tear me down with your words, again. Again, I i will not take this personally because I see that something I have written has been like me holding a mirror to you and you have seen a reflection that you did not like. Just because I quoted a few awesome quotes out of a few books that I have not even read the whole book but rather skimmed through and just highlighted what I thought was relevant. Again, you have "assumed" and "judged" me by thinking just because I took a few of these brilliant quotes that I agree with these people and obviously they are my Guru's and this is why I wrote this article. HA! Osho and Ram Das are not my Gurus.

Sending you lots of love and peace. Seriously, one love.

• Hector V. Barrientos-Bullock Harleigh Quinn says:

I have issue with the spreading of false "gurus", no matter what the pretense, into the world.
            It is the equivalent of polluting a fresh water spring with coke or toxic waste.
            I can only "assume" what is written, therefore if the assumption is to not be made, it is best to not utilize them as a source, impact or not.

• anonymous says:

It is when things stir us up so intensely that often have a powerful message for us to reflect on. I read the article and had a totally different reaction. I do not see the same ego filled meaning as you do…because I do not have a trigger from a spouse that causes me to react in the same way you do. I read this and felt a message of empowerment and encouragement for women to allow themselves to be a goddess and a welcoming for the men who will support them. Take some time to sit with those things that make you uncomfortable within the writings and then let them go, they are not directed at you they are the words of a women expressing her own heart and her own truth. Allow her that and allow yourself the space to disagree if you will but without judgement.

• Seeking Santosha says:

Thank you Anonymous!!! You said it best!
            —"message of empowerment and encouragement for women to allow themselves to be a goddess and a welcoming for the men who will support them."

• HVBB says:

Funny, as even the author stated the article was sarcasm.
            It is the ego that allows one to take it seriously.
            Spiritual narcissism is forever and ultimately blinding and allowing space for such is more damaging than calling it out for what it is.
            And the misuse of judgement, which is the ability to take the associated data and make a fair and balanced decision, is another thing that has caused more problem within the yoga, buddhism and spirituality communities in the west.
            I do not have to take time to look at anything written in the lines above to see the way they can be miscontrued, just as you have done.

Krishnamurti stated "it is of no great accomplishment to be considered healthy within a sick society" or somethng of that nature.

Westernized yoga, bommeritis buddhism, westernized new age spirituality……ALL of these are a sick society, inflated microcosms of the sick society around it, made more ill due to the narcissists they attract.

• Julian Walker yogijulian says:

witness – yes, these are problematic notions that are part of a "spiritual bypass" zeitgeist that thinks it is spiritually evolved to be disconnected from emotions and in denial about needing others!

i have always felt bad for women trying to be in relationships with the weird yoga guy dynamic of being supposedly unattached and in the moment as cover for emotional unavailability and fear of intimacy – now there is a female yoga archetype that is equally misguided! bummer.

• Hector V. Barrientos-Bullock Harleigh Quinn says:

That applies to men in relationships with women having the same dynamic as well.
        I have been buddhist for over 22 years.
        What I have seen in the yoga community has not be either satya or mindful in ANY way.

Oh, wait…..you DID address that point.
        I'm sorry. I should have read further. :-)

13. Hector V. Barrientos-Bullock Harleigh Quinn says:

I have seen MANY other self absorbed, ego poisoned women that have the exact same mannerisms due to what they BELIEVE they have learned through yoga.

I have seen more separation occur, more evil attitudes, more abuse (though now more creative and veiled), more cattiness, more just plain inappropriate, using, and ugly behavior from people calling themselves yoginis and yoga goddesses than I ever did in high school or growing up with at least the APPEARANCE of being black.

Bottom line is that the "need" to be an "individual" within a practice that is supposed to join others, is called spiritual materialism.
    It's not for the health benefits any longer, it's for the status of being part of a new, special, private club that is the yoga community.

• Hector V. Barrientos-Bullock Harleigh Quinn says:

Mukti Yogini, my estranged spouse, is the absolute opposite of what her western chosen name, chosen by westerners, means, as she is still a slave to her ego, as is anyone else that calls themselves a yoga goddess or yogini.

And even this response made it about ego, by stating what you did differently than you would "usually" do, to rep are for a photo shoot for an article written by you, that essentially shows off YOU, and feeds YOUR EGO.

Awareness into OUR words?

May I ask that you look at what you have written and bring awareness into your own?

• Julian Walker yogijulian says:

harleigh – thanks for keeping it so real, and getting so honest. yea, i think you describe a common dynamic and it is perpetuated in the more superficial gloss on what it means to be a yogini/goddess…… though i am 100% convinced of heidi's sweetness and good intentions in writing this – she may, as you point out be unaware of the broader context and underlying dysfunction in some of these commercial identifications.

14. Julian Walker yogijulian says:

heidi – great job on fielding all this criticism (and some praise) and remaining kind and generous – it can't have been easy.

i am sure many people loved your article. were you able to take anything away from the sincere points that i am others raised?

• Seeking Santosha says:

Yogijulian, thank you. I'm well. I live in the jungle and the past few days I have been spending at the beach, meditating on a surf board. I'm present, in each moment. I'm just sending love and peace. I will continue to write and write from my heart. I always take other peoples words and sincere points into consideration, always. I always appreciate the feedback, good or bad. I will grow from this. Always. I will always still see the love, be the love, give the love.

15. Seeking Santosha says:

Wow, you really need some love Harleigh Quinn. I'm very sorry to hear that you had your heart broken. You see, I'm always the one that gets my heart broken. BIG HUG, again. I do not take your reaction personally because I see that something I have written has been like me holding a mirror to you and you have seen a reflection that you did not like and because you have identified my words with your past hurts. I live in the jungle in Nicaragua and I mainly wear flip flops and cut off jean shorts. I have never been apart of the yoga world outside of Nicaragua. I do not do yoga in a studio. I practice so I can control my mind chatter and connect with the divintiy within myself and become closer to God. This article is just a reminder for myself to stay independent in a relationship because I have always lost who I was in my own heart. I won't do that again.

I'm sorry you have been hurt. I did submit other photos to elephant journal that were NOT of me but because I sent so many, they selected these ones.

Come join me in Nicaragua and heal your heart.

Just because I quoted a few awesome quotes out of a few books that I have not even read the whole book but rather skimmed through and just highlighted what I thought was relevant. Again, you have "assumed" and "judged" me by thinking just because I took a few of these brilliant quotes that I agree with these people and obviously they are my Guru's and this is why I wrote this article. HA! Osho and Ram Das are not my Gurus. I see the good in everyone. And highlight the best from each person instead of pointing out the negative. We have the same blood. In oneness.

Sending you lots of love and peace. Seriously, one love.

• Hector V. Barrientos-Bullock Harleigh Quinn says:

I feel you misunderstand:
      In the current yoga culture, "satya" and mindfulness will be ignored, especially when such supporting license as this article can give a boost to their self delusion.

That is the danger of making articles such as this – IT SUPPORTS THE ARCH TYPE.

This is why I write plain language blogs, eschew the colorful language of buddhist or yogic terms, and, basically, cut through all the BS.

You say we are all one?

That is not what I have seen in the self deluded yoga community.

You say that we are of the same blood?

Tell THEM that. They seem to have missed the memo.

I have been buddhist for over 22 years, as I have said before, and only in this LAST year have I seen the delusional side of it.
      And people such as my estranged spouse, Ania "Mukti Yogini" Ziolkowswka (ask any indian and they are disgusted by the western renaming ritual utilizing indian words, that we seem to have adopted, btw) use things such as your article to defend their actions and "spiritulalized ego" view point.

I appreciate your condolences, however, they do not make the article any less damaging or ego stroking to any misguided "yogini" or "yoga goddess" that reads it.

And, unfortunately, I will say about 96% of them are of that vein.

And "judgement", by definition, is my right. It is only the new era of narcissism that has made judging and judgment dirty words.

The reasons of which are obvious, and something that should be reflected upon.

I am pretty sure you are looking for a different word.

Possibly "categorized" ?

16. Hyman Wisecarver says:

Go easy on tea and coffee. Tea and coffee are harmless by themselves. It’s when you add the cream and sugar that they become fattening. Did you know that having a cup of tea or coffee that has cream and at least two cubes of sugar is as bad as having a big piece of rich chocolate cake’

17. JungleCat says:

Heidi thank you for sharing this article. You lighthearted sarcasm and fun combined with encouraging empowering words was a breath of fresh air. I appreciate your willfulness to be vulnerable and express what you feel compelled to share. My favorite line is "A Yoga Goddess knows that her passion is her purpose and living out her dreams will inspire you to do the same. This is her gift that she can give to the world". It is when you allow yourself to be open that you also open the door for judgement and criticism all which I feel you handled with grace! Continue to follow your dreams and inspire those around you…even it means ruffling some feathers along the way! It is often those things which make us a little uneasy that have the most meaning for us! NAMASTE~

18. [...] only problem is getting it on her finger and making sure it stays there. After all, she’s a yoga goddess. A member of rare breed known for its complicated, changeable and hardheaded [...]

19. [...] Don’t burn me at the stake, please. It’s hot enough here and you already hung me for writing: So You Wanna Date a Yoga Goddess, but I’m not going to let that choke my throat [...]

20. To you says:

Lame lame lame. This is no yoga goddess. Am not sure she even does yoga if its not in front of a camera.