Words to Live by: 172 Words to Free your Soul.

Via on Mar 26, 2012

There’s this woman I know.

You may know her too, or a version of her.

For some of you, she may be a he. For me she stands in the middle of a field—surrounded by daisies.

Arms open wide like she’s ready to fly. But she doesn’t.

She knows that her place is here, now, grounded, present. Her two feet—barefooted feet—buried in the grass.

So instead she twirls. She twirls and sings, laughs, dances, jumps up and falls down. She gets back up. She is happy.

I don’t know what she does, or where she lives, or how she came to be so free. But I do know this: this woman is me. The me that I want to be.

I’ve long been searching for just the right words to give her a face and bring her to life. And now I don’t have to. Through the magic of poetry by Jeanette Leblanc, I see this woman more clearly.

She now has a name. Her name is Life, and she choses to live it.

Isn’t that nice!?!

To check out more by Jeanette Leblanc visit her site at {Peace. Love. Free}

~

Editor: Kate Bartolotta

Like elephant literary journal on Facebook.

About Shawna Turner

Shawna Turner. Aimless wanderer. Happiest with a book in one hand, glass of wine in the other, dreaming of down dogs, knitting, and really good cheese. Blog: a side of yoga..

16 Responses to “Words to Live by: 172 Words to Free your Soul.”

1. Valerie Carruthers ValCarruthers says:

Thank you Shawnda for this glimpse into the soul of a poet.

Just posted to "Featured Today" on the Elephant Spirituality Homepage.

Valerie Carruthers
    Please go and "Like" Elephant Spirituality on Facebook

2. Fabulous, Shawna. These words could have been my own. I've shared this on my fan page: https://www.facebook.com/JeanniePageWriter

Cheers,
    Jeannie Page

3. Shawna Turner Shawna says:

Yes! Thanks for reading and spreading the love.

4. Anna Weber says:

What a lovely way to express your emotions. I hope you don't mind if I share it on my Facebook fan page https://www.facebook.com/Voices.In.Print

5. Rajni Tripathi says:

Love it!. Reading this was a great way to start my day :)

6. Valerie Carruthers ValCarruthers says:

Just posted to "Popular Lately" on the Elephant Spirituality Homepage.

Valerie Carruthers
    Please go and "Like" Elephant Spirituality on Facebook

7. devacat says:

Lovely prose. I welcome her spirit.

8. Evolving Yogi says:

Love this! Does anyone know the title of the whole book? Is it in print?

9. jen kiley says:

fantastic, posted on facebook. opens one's mind heart & soul right up.

10. [...] soul is eternal and free, remaining unharmed, immortal, wise and pure no matter what. This wisdom will remain part of [...]

11. ommarathonlawyer says:

Thank you for a great post, I pictured "life" as described. I guess one can interpret this to give us a choice in living life that way, happy, open and natural. Those that chose to ignore it may not be interested in happiness.

12. dalesdelectables says:

Love Jeanette! Her poetry is wonderful….

13. nikki says:

14. em jay says:

Thank you! What a wonderful way to start the day! Namaste.

15. megan says:

This is lovely, but have been reflecting on one of the lines "Know yourself fully before you make promises to another…" I definitely think you can't look to others to define you, but I actually think none of us ever FULLY know ourselves. It's part of the journey, it's part of making a million mistakes. It's the mystery of life and ourselves – what COULD I be, do, feel?? Hmmm, good fodder for thought today! :)