Unrelated memo: (a little) tumtum is a (very) okay.
ALA: the Land of the Free’s 10 Most Banned Books.
Click here for the introduction. It’s interesting.
Top Ten List of Frequently Challenged Books in 2011:
1. ttyl; ttfn; l8r, g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle
2. The Color of Earth (series), by Kim Dong Hwa
3. The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
4. My Mom’s Having A Baby! A Kid’s Month-by-Month Guide to Pregnancy, by Dori Hillestad Butler
5. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie
6. Alice (series), by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
7. Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
8. What My Mother Doesn’t Know, by Sonya Sones
9. Gossip Girl (series), by Cecily Von Ziegesar
10. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
Inspired to fight censorship, and have fun doing so? Read.
Image: Click for source.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 640 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Learn Social Media, Writing, Editing & Journalism Ethics with elephantjournal.com. 7 shares Dear Pretty Young Woman Flirting with my Husband. 3,999 shares The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 1,133 share The Astrology of 2017: Letting Go & Shining your Light. 1,559 share Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 8,508 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,393 share I’m a Woman Sex Educator who Doesn’t Believe in Foreplay—Here’s Why. 874 shares