Unrelated memo: (a little) tumtum is a (very) okay.
ALA: the Land of the Free’s 10 Most Banned Books.
Click here for the introduction. It’s interesting.
Top Ten List of Frequently Challenged Books in 2011:
1. ttyl; ttfn; l8r, g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle
2. The Color of Earth (series), by Kim Dong Hwa
3. The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
4. My Mom’s Having A Baby! A Kid’s Month-by-Month Guide to Pregnancy, by Dori Hillestad Butler
5. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie
6. Alice (series), by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
7. Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
8. What My Mother Doesn’t Know, by Sonya Sones
9. Gossip Girl (series), by Cecily Von Ziegesar
10. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
Inspired to fight censorship, and have fun doing so? Read.
Image: Click for source.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,360 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,499 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 9,032 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 1,945 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,408 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,214 shares The Power of Saying “He’s just Not into Me.” 1,761 share How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 135 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,698 share