Unrelated memo: (a little) tumtum is a (very) okay.
ALA: the Land of the Free’s 10 Most Banned Books.
Click here for the introduction. It’s interesting.
Top Ten List of Frequently Challenged Books in 2011:
1. ttyl; ttfn; l8r, g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle
2. The Color of Earth (series), by Kim Dong Hwa
3. The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
4. My Mom’s Having A Baby! A Kid’s Month-by-Month Guide to Pregnancy, by Dori Hillestad Butler
5. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie
6. Alice (series), by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
7. Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
8. What My Mother Doesn’t Know, by Sonya Sones
9. Gossip Girl (series), by Cecily Von Ziegesar
10. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
Inspired to fight censorship, and have fun doing so? Read.
Image: Click for source.
hot on elephant
How I stopped Speed Dating my Passions & finally Committed. 236 shares New Moon in Scorpio: Only those who Believe in Magic will Find It. 6,634 shares She Smiles as she Cries: the Story of High-functioning Depression. 5,108 shares A Homemade Buddhist Ritual for Letting Go. 622 shares 10 Things to Know about Dating a Scorpio (& Why they Love Sex). 605 shares Living with C-PTSD Following an Abusive Relationship. 2,919 shares November Energy Forecast: Love & the Twin Flame magic of 11:11. 1,753 share Why we must Break to Heal. 1,044 share Why it’s Okay we Won’t ever have Sex. 309 shares To my Diego: 4 Poems by Frida Kahlo that Demonstrate the Exquisite Nature of Love. 656 shares