Favourite Attenborough Moments is the name of a TV poll conducted in 2006 by the UKTV Documentary channel in honor of his 50-year career in broadcasting.
Sir David Attenborough has been the voice and host of many natural history programmes, the most widely known, BBC’s The Life Collection—a comprehensive view of all life on the planet from 1979 to 2005, and in my opinion, a collection of the most inspiring, educational and moving series about animals and nature that I have ever laid my eyes on.
Here are the Top Five results of the poll:
1. The lyre bird (I almost thought this bird was going to mimick Attenborough’s British accent).
2. A close encounter with a silverback gorilla.
3. Attenborough watches a blue whale surface alongside his boat.
4. Attenborough’s description of the demise of Easter Island‘s Rapa Nui civilisation.
5. Chimpanzees using tools to crack nuts.
6. And, one of my favorites – David saying ‘boo’ to a sloth.
What is your favourite Attenborough moment?
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 380 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 167 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 385 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 995 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 9 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,748 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,159 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 4,771 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 1,681 share How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 2,643 shares