Favourite Attenborough Moments is the name of a TV poll conducted in 2006 by the UKTV Documentary channel in honor of his 50-year career in broadcasting.
Sir David Attenborough has been the voice and host of many natural history programmes, the most widely known, BBC’s The Life Collection—a comprehensive view of all life on the planet from 1979 to 2005, and in my opinion, a collection of the most inspiring, educational and moving series about animals and nature that I have ever laid my eyes on.
Here are the Top Five results of the poll:
1. The lyre bird (I almost thought this bird was going to mimick Attenborough’s British accent).
2. A close encounter with a silverback gorilla.
3. Attenborough watches a blue whale surface alongside his boat.
4. Attenborough’s description of the demise of Easter Island‘s Rapa Nui civilisation.
5. Chimpanzees using tools to crack nuts.
6. And, one of my favorites – David saying ‘boo’ to a sloth.
What is your favourite Attenborough moment?
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,359 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,475 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 8,905 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 1,940 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,076 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,202 shares The Power of Saying “He’s just Not into Me.” 1,751 share How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 133 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,690 share