Favourite Attenborough Moments is the name of a TV poll conducted in 2006 by the UKTV Documentary channel in honor of his 50-year career in broadcasting.
Sir David Attenborough has been the voice and host of many natural history programmes, the most widely known, BBC’s The Life Collection—a comprehensive view of all life on the planet from 1979 to 2005, and in my opinion, a collection of the most inspiring, educational and moving series about animals and nature that I have ever laid my eyes on.
Here are the Top Five results of the poll:
1. The lyre bird (I almost thought this bird was going to mimick Attenborough’s British accent).
2. A close encounter with a silverback gorilla.
3. Attenborough watches a blue whale surface alongside his boat.
4. Attenborough’s description of the demise of Easter Island‘s Rapa Nui civilisation.
5. Chimpanzees using tools to crack nuts.
6. And, one of my favorites – David saying ‘boo’ to a sloth.
What is your favourite Attenborough moment?
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. How to Love a Woman who Scares You. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. I Still Think of You. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. How My Sister’s Death Transformed my Self-Perception.