Favourite Attenborough Moments is the name of a TV poll conducted in 2006 by the UKTV Documentary channel in honor of his 50-year career in broadcasting.
Sir David Attenborough has been the voice and host of many natural history programmes, the most widely known, BBC’s The Life Collection—a comprehensive view of all life on the planet from 1979 to 2005, and in my opinion, a collection of the most inspiring, educational and moving series about animals and nature that I have ever laid my eyes on.
Here are the Top Five results of the poll:
1. The lyre bird (I almost thought this bird was going to mimick Attenborough’s British accent).
2. A close encounter with a silverback gorilla.
3. Attenborough watches a blue whale surface alongside his boat.
4. Attenborough’s description of the demise of Easter Island‘s Rapa Nui civilisation.
5. Chimpanzees using tools to crack nuts.
6. And, one of my favorites – David saying ‘boo’ to a sloth.
What is your favourite Attenborough moment?
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 535 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 9 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 28 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,547 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 779 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 6,407 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,254 share How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,518 share For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 3,075 shares