A Handy 10-Step Guide.
1. Make sure your account’s name is anonymous.
2. Say something without thinking about it first.
3. Say something really mean and condescending and macho and righteous without punctuation and with at least two exclamation marks. Don’t sign off.
4. End your insult in a vague ellipses, signifying that you couldn’t spare the time to complete your own thought because you had to get busy s*****g your own d**k, you’re so impressed with how macho you are when you’re anonymous.
5. Criticise the author, who doesn’t have the luxury of anonymity, for being negative or critical by being negative and critical.
6. It’s not a dialogue. Leave your steaming insult and don’t come back and respond to the author’s thoughtful, hurt comment.
7. Don’t think about the author’s feelings or even visualize them as a feeling, human being. Live out your John Wayne/Bill O’Reilly fantasy.
8. If you see a sexy image and want to criticize the author for posting it, make sure you’re at home safe home wearing only your underwear while criticizing others for wearing only their underwear.
9. F*ck you.
PS: thoughtful, mindful, in-depth criticism turns thoughtful, mindful, loving people on. ~ Robert Sturman, Lindsey Block, Waylon “All the Bad Parts above are my Fault” Lewis
hot on elephant
How I stopped Speed Dating my Passions & finally Committed. 235 shares She Smiles as she Cries: the Story of High-functioning Depression. 5,045 shares A Homemade Buddhist Ritual for Letting Go. 608 shares New Moon in Scorpio: Only those who Believe in Magic will Find It. 2,371 shares 10 Things to Know about Dating a Scorpio (& Why they Love Sex). 596 shares Living with C-PTSD Following an Abusive Relationship. 2,301 shares Why we must Break to Heal. 1,037 share Stop Ignoring these Connections, they can Turn your Day (or Life) around. 927 shares To my Diego: 4 Poems by Frida Kahlo that Demonstrate the Exquisite Nature of Love. 633 shares Why it’s Okay we Won’t ever have Sex. 278 shares