It seems to be yoga festival season year-round now.
With Wanderlust, Yoga Rocks the Butte , The Texas Yoga Conference, this weekend’s Tadasana Festival and of course the infamous Yoga Journal Conferences coast to coast, there are some humble-yet-rock-star-like yoga teachers out there ready to share their years of teaching experience with the masses.
A beautiful and intimate festival this winter in Crested Butte gave me these nuggets of wisdom that have seeped into my life as affirmations for transformation. And, I’m working toward this powerful mantra from Shannon Paige: “In 2012, I will get out of my own way!”
1. It is possible to get Stoned on Shiva and hoop dance at the same time with Steve Gold. (“Whoa it stoned me, oh it stoned me.”)
2. “We are all moving beings. Yoga is movement.” Shiva Rea
3. “What if you hugged others as if it were your beloved?” Aditi Devi
4. “Tight guys can do yoga.” Jim Campbell, OmLight Photgrapher on a mission to get really inflexible, tight guys to do yoga.
5. “You can download the Divine” by wearing sacred geometry jewelry. (I don’t really believe this but $168 later, obviously, I am willing to test it out. Can’t hurt and sure is pretty).
6. “We are all OMazing.” Beth Reese, Yoginos for Youth
7. “If you deny your pain, it will kick you in the ass. If you talk to it, it will become you within 60 seconds.” Chris Tompkins
8. In Ayurveda, ”Like increases like. Opposite heals.” Maria Garre
9. In 2012 “I will get out of my own way!” Shannon Paige
10. “Perfection is…” Wait. I can’t remember. I better ask the 20+ year Iyengar teacher because I have to get the quote just perfect.
11. “You cannot change until you can see.” Brenda Flemming
12. “Love everyone. Serve Everyone. Remember God.” Neem Karoli Baba
13. “Yoga Rocks.” Melissa Smith
“Perfection eludes us, but this should not lead us to reduce our efforts.” ~ B.K.S Iyengar
Like elephant yoga on Facebook.
Editor: Kate Bartolotta
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,404 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 20,515 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 13,934 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,068 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 159 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,261 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 337 shares The 6 Best Spiritual Teachings of Wayne Dyer to help us Get Over Ourselves. 1,857 share Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 425 shares