Looking for some reasons that biking is good for our communities and the planet? We pulled together 10 good reasons to get on a bike.
- Women who bike 30 minutes a day have a lower risk of breast cancer.
- Bike commuters report lower stress and greater feelings of freedom, relaxation, and excitement than car commuters.
- Forty-seven percent of Americans say they would like more bike facilities in their communities.
- Traffic congestion wastes nearly three billion gallons of gas per year in the U.S.
- For every one mile pedaled rather than driven, about one pound of CO² is saved.
For the full list of 10, head on over to EcoSalon.
Editor: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. How to Love a Woman who Scares You. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. I Still Think of You. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. How My Sister’s Death Transformed my Self-Perception.