I woke up restless yesterday.
And went to bed restless tonight.
In the in-between (and hopefully the again soon) I kept dreaming of far away places, and handmade boats; of soft, strange sounding languages that would roll around awkwardly in my mouth; of throwing a few sundresses and my cowgirl boots in a bag, and running away to live with gypsies and tinkers and dancing until the sky turns to ink.
When you are filled with wanderlust, restless, gypsy-hearted, tossing and turning—sometimes a song can be your boat:
1. When I grow up, I want to be a wild bird and fly away to wherever this is:
2. There are no words for this. Only made up ones in a language I used to whisper to my toys. I don’t remember it. I think they speak it in Iceland.
3. If you aren’t listening to First Aid Kit, please. Get to it.
4. “I don’t think about you anymore (but I don’t think about you any less).”
5. Some songs, like twinkling fairy lights or far away fireflies, add a little bit of magic to your tossing and turning.
6. They said they made it up. I heard it means “Oh, Infinite Nakedness.” Either way (or both ways) Om Nashi Me.
8. Wake up to the sound of your fleeting heart:
And if you’re still wild and restless, start and the top and listen again and again until it’s time to fly away (or time to hit your pillow and sail away to sleep).
Like elephant culture on Facebook.
hot on elephant
Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. Join: Elephant’s Fall 2016 Academy. When you’re Stuck, Remember to ask yourself this Question. Welcome to September’s Eclipse Season—Anything is Possible. Thank You to the Men who Didn’t Know what they had—When they had Me. Wait for the One who Falls in Love with Your Naked Soul.