Mark Zuckerberg and 27-year-old Priscilla Chan…
…updated their Facebook status to “married” on Sat. May 19, 2012 in a small ceremony at his home in Palo Alto, California.
This ended a week during which the social network he founded listed on the share market for more than $100 Billion.
Facebook CEO and Developer Zuckerberg took his company public on the Nasdaq stock exchange on Friday, catapulting him financially into multi billionaire status. Chan graduated from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco the previous Monday, May 14th the same day as Mark Zuckerberg’s 28th birthday.
The couple met at Harvard and have been together for more than nine years. This is interesting because they married during a Venus retrograde but they had been together for a long time. Usually marriages during Venus retrogrades may not work out but since this might be unfinished business that had been planned for quite a while, it may be tying up loose ends during the Venus retrograde before Priscilla starts her medical residency during which time she would be too busy to get married.
It is so interesting that this was the day after the IPO, but perhaps it is an example of the super upgrade energy that will be prevalent in coming months with Jupiter going into Gemini, joining Venus there. We can look at the two of them as practical poster children for Jupiter and Venus.
Archetypically, Jupiter is the behemoth teacher and Guru and Venus is the Goddess. In this Union, we can see that happening and perhaps it is no accident this happened so close to the Solar Eclipse of May 20th. Because of the Venus retrograde, I can pretty much tell that Priscilla had been waiting a long time for this day and it finally had happened. The god and goddess for this next millennium united together.
The Astrological aspects for this event that pop off the chart are:
- Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, and the Moon are all in Taurus. What a solid way to start out any marriage. In the marriage there will be an appreciation of art, beauty, possessions, solid finances, and great communication. The couple can expect to work philanthropically together and be on the same wavelength in terms of expression.
- Saturn in Libra is sitting on the Ascendant of their marriage. Libra on the Ascendant denotes more artistic appreciation and beauty. With the Saturn placement there, I would think this would be interns of work related and discipline related circumstances of their marriage. They will both be working very hard and have hard and fast rules and strategies for how they express themselves within their marriage.
- That Libra Saturn (in retrograde) on the Ascendant is in a trine with Venus (in retrograde) in Gemini. I feel this means this marriage was a long time time in coming and in the plans. They have been so disciplined and busy that this plan has been in the works for a long time. It is a coming of their own power in a “finally it happened” sort of way. Venus also trines Pluto which tells me that their is a great depth to the willpower of this “Power Couple”. They have a great deal of intention and mission in how they live their lives on the planet.
- The Moon trine Mars aspect of this day tells me there was a lot of excitement and nervousness on the couples part for this event and looks like a culmination of long term planing.
- Saturn trines Mars tells me that this event was Preplanned and the event went according to plan.
- There is a Sun square Jupiter Aspect to the marriage and this tells me that when problems arise between them, they will tend to be philosophical about them.
Mark Zuckerberg gave his bride a simple ruby ring he designed himself. Astrologically, rubies symbolize the Sun and hold an amazing amount of heart energy and are said to increase the wearer financial stability.
The stone choice itself interesting because rubies are worn to protect the wearers from health issues such as heart problems and to align themselves with colleagues in the work arena. It is a powerful marriage stone considering it was given just be the Solar Eclipse. It suggests a strong and lasting alliance between the two of them and counteracts any inauspicious timing of the Venus retrograde.
So publicly, this marriage appeared to be a big surprise but when you look at the Astrology of it, you can see that it had been in the works for quite a long time. They look like a good couple together who will bring a lot of new ideas, light, and design ideas into being as part of their mission on earth.
They both plan on working very hard to do this. They are not lazy people and they have an amazing aura of a super power couple status now which puts them in the same class as other famous power couples like Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, Jack and Jackie Kennedy, Bill and Melinda Gates, and Bill and Hilary Clinton, to name a few.
Melissa Abbott, a former Newspaper & Magazine Researcher and Advertising Exec, brings the Study of Consciousness, Yoga, Wellness, Meditation, Green Energy, and Spirituality to her Astrological Observations and Education. She is a regular contributor to Examiner.com, Astrodispatch.com, and AstrologyBlog.I have an astrology blog at: http://www.planetaryvibrations.blogspot.com
Like elephant journal on Facebook!
Editor: Seychelles Pitton
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 555 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 10 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 28 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,557 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 852 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 6,683 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,384 share How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,566 share For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 3,185 shares