10 things you need to stand for:
1. When people do bad stuff, call them on it. Yes, their karma will eventually have them, but the entire world need not suffer in the meantime. Sometimes karma needs a push
2. Stay true to your core values. Stand up for what you believe in. Speak your truth even when no one is listening!
3. Face your fears; don’t hide behind people.
4. Get out of your own way. You are your own worst enemy
5. Don’t let anyone else define what, or who, you are. No one likes a doormat for anything but wiping their feet.
6. Sit and get really quiet with yourself! Meditate—the truth will come up.
7. Own your feelings — the good, the bad and the ugly.
8. You can’t love everyone. I know that depends on how you define love. Can’t I hold a special place for my family and close friends?
9. Oh yeah, own your s**t. Embrace you imperfections. They are what makes you truly beautiful.
A flower breaks through the hard earth to share its beauty. We must break through the things that (we think) hold us back before we can shine.
10. Try as hard as you can to be in the moment. Enjoy life and do good. There is so much beauty in the world, drink it in and add your beauty to it.
And a bonus, (since #8 was more of a question)
11. Use your love of drama for good not evil. Loves me some drama.
With abundant gratitude.
Editor: Mel Squarey
Like elephant journal I’m not spiritual…I just practice being a good person on Facebook
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. My Marriage had to End—for my Life to Begin. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. The Day I Stopped Running. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012.