10 things you need to stand for:
1. When people do bad stuff, call them on it. Yes, their karma will eventually have them, but the entire world need not suffer in the meantime. Sometimes karma needs a push
2. Stay true to your core values. Stand up for what you believe in. Speak your truth even when no one is listening!
3. Face your fears; don’t hide behind people.
4. Get out of your own way. You are your own worst enemy
5. Don’t let anyone else define what, or who, you are. No one likes a doormat for anything but wiping their feet.
6. Sit and get really quiet with yourself! Meditate—the truth will come up.
7. Own your feelings — the good, the bad and the ugly.
8. You can’t love everyone. I know that depends on how you define love. Can’t I hold a special place for my family and close friends?
9. Oh yeah, own your s**t. Embrace you imperfections. They are what makes you truly beautiful.
A flower breaks through the hard earth to share its beauty. We must break through the things that (we think) hold us back before we can shine.
10. Try as hard as you can to be in the moment. Enjoy life and do good. There is so much beauty in the world, drink it in and add your beauty to it.
And a bonus, (since #8 was more of a question)
11. Use your love of drama for good not evil. Loves me some drama.
With abundant gratitude.
Editor: Mel Squarey
Like elephant journal I’m not spiritual…I just practice being a good person on Facebook
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,359 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,475 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 8,905 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 1,939 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,076 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,202 shares The Power of Saying “He’s just Not into Me.” 1,751 share How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 133 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,690 share