One Million Moms’ “Religion” & hate vs. J.C. Penney’s love & tolerance.

Via on Jun 1, 2012

Cheers, We the People! And Happy Father’s Day to all Dads everywhere. ~ ed.

The public response to One Million Moms’ vs. J.C. Penney.

The above has since been deleted.

Via Reddit: The washed the page and are banning people. You cans till report them as a hate page.

edit You have to click on the settings drop down next to the like button and report the page.

Looks like they took their FB page down. You can also do this:

• Contact One Million Moms with their own ‘complaint’ system here.
  • Contact JCP send them 2-3 sentence form email *Added Thanks to MutilatedLips

note Contacting JCP and showing them support would be better than sending OMM an email that will just get deleted.

Here’s the JC Penney spread.

Statement via OMM:

One Million Moms (OMM) is disturbed that JC Penney (JCP) is continuing down the same path of promoting sin in their advertisements. In JCP’s June catalog, there is another homosexual ad, but this time with two dads celebrating Father’s Day. The advertising booklet began arriving in mailboxes yesterday. If their marketing department follows the same plan they did in May, this mailer will be available to view on their website on June 1.

The ad shows two men on the floor playing and hugging their two children at home. It reads, “First Pals – What makes Dad so cool? He’s the swim coach, tent maker, best friend, bike fixer and hug giver – all rolled into one. Or two. Real-life dads Todd Koch and Cooper Smith with their children Claire and Mason.”

It is obvious that JCP would rather take sides than remain neutral in the culture war. JCP will hear from the other side so they need to hear from us as well. Our persistence will pay off! One day we will answer for our actions or lack of them. We must remain diligent and stand up for Biblical values and truth. Scripture says multiple times that homosexuality is wrong, and God will not tolerate this sinful nature.

OMM will continue to avoid shopping at JCP until they take a neutral stand. If you receive their advertising booklets or catalogs in the mail, OMM recommends you write “REFUSED…RETURN TO SENDER” on your JCPenney catalog and try sending them back. If they receive an onslaught of their returned magazines, they will take notice. Also, you may email, call, or use their contact form on their website to unsubscribe from their mailers so you will no longer have these delivered to your home. If you have a store credit card, you can close your account, if you have not already done so, to help get the message across that you have no plans to shop with them in the future. Be sure to tell them why you are unsubscribing and canceling your credit card.

How is a picture of two men and two happy children offensive?

About Waylon Lewis

If you liked this, you might like these:

8 Responses to “One Million Moms’ “Religion” & hate vs. J.C. Penney’s love & tolerance.”

1. Mamaste says:

Just intro'd on FB to: Equal Rights. Culture & Parenting

2. MrsERK says:

This is not "the public response" but a blog with comments–that hardly constitutes "the public"! Also, they are exercising their constitutional right to express their opinion, just like you do here; why is that when they do it it is "hate"?!

• the public response is referring to the public posting on the facebook page…that is totally public!

I agree philosophically that exercising free speech is important – I think though it does end when it attacks and denigrates — IE if this exact same thing happened with say a pic of different races I believe at this point we would consider it racism and therefore hate – remember at one time interracial marriage was in this same boat and except for a few stragglers we have come to realize that was just insane and now we are fighting the same battle for our brothers and sisters of different sexual orientation.

It's hate when you try and take something away from someone, it's hate when you judge, deny and put down in a public way – when you promote an atmosphere of judgment and silencing and inequality. Hey if someone doesn't want to shop at JCP because of this – that is entirely their business (I personally may START shopping there because of this :P ) but to recruit/ridicule and tear down publicly? Hey I think it needs to stop personally!

In the end I will take the route to support JCP and let them know I think they are awesome to counterbalance the negative stuff and let the bigots sort themselves out.

3. "And they'll know we are christians by..." says:

4. guest says:

glad that people don't remain quiet but are telling OMM that this is not ok.

5. although I totally support homesexual rights and same sex marriage (aka marriage) all I thought when I saw this picture was — two dads two kids…I fail to see the gay? I mean if my husband and my friends husband hang out with our kids does that make them gay? Me thinks OMM has gay on the brain. breathe people. Now I hope JCP will support this as a gay friendly pic and push the issue but in the end I just think it's much ado about nothing.

6. Anna says:

I didn't see this blog when it was first posted on EJ, but caught it in the sidebar while looking at something else. Thank you for sharing this information. I used the link in this article to visit the JCP website to commend them for featuring a happy family with two dads in one of their ads and order a catalog. It was just one tiny step, but I'm so tired of seeing people denied basic rights.

7. JCP associate says:

I work at JCP in Indiana and I think what they are doing is AMAZING!!! They aren't trying to get people to be gay they are just being equal. It is fantastic. I don't understand what OMM has against us. I am not homosexual and I don't have a problem with it. I guess I'm just not a bigot. And for people that are so "religious" they should know that God doesn't want anyone to judge, that is His place not ours. But if you do have a problem with it you should LOVE the sinner dislike the sin. For goodness sake people, people are going to love who they love and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. I also didn't see anything homosexual about either of our ads. I think people just read too far into it. It was like they were looking for something to complain about. All I have to say is I LOVE AND RESPECT JCP for the fact that they are standing up for everyone and everyone is included. I love Ellen and think she is a wonderful spokes person for our company and I think that what Ron Johnson is doing is fantastic. I hope that he keeps it up.