Breaking out of our comfort zones.
1. “Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.” ~ Tom Krause
Courage is putting your fear aside, and trying despite the outcome. Even if you ‘lose,’ you will have gained something. Even if it’s just a little less fear the next time around.
2. “If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” ~ John Maxwell
One of my mantras of the past year has been to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Sounds a bit funny, but the more I am out of my comfort zone, the more I experience, change, and grow—for the better.
3. “If you wait to do everything until you’re sure it’s right, you’ll probably never do much of anything.” ~ Win Borden
There is never going to be a clear path for the next chapter of life. In my experience, the bigger the change, the less clear the path forward is.
4. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” ~ Raymond Lindquist
Sometimes you just have to step into the unknown and trust yourself. Waiting until the next step is in place is not always possible. Sometimes you just have to let go of, believing the next step will fall into place before you get there.
5. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” ~ Gail Devers
In order to accomplish something, you must believe in yourself. Just try. After all if you never try, there will never be any chance to succeed.
6. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ~ Winston Churchill
Even if something is hard, keep at it. The sense of pride you will feel in going after what you really want will become a success in itself.
7. “If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.” ~ Lao Tzu
No decision is still a decision. Don’t let life pass you by. You are the navigator of your own ship.
8. “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” ~ Gerard Way
Don’t let fear stop you from doing all that you want, following your beliefs and becoming all that you are.
9. “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.” ~ Karen Kaiser Clark
Refer to number seven above. Life will never remain the same. It’s up to you to change with it.
10. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” ~ Walt Disney
And, hey, sometimes it’s kind of fun to prove everyone wrong and show them, “yes, it can be done.”
I mean, why not?
Elysha Anderson is a little bit slower than a speeding bullet, almost as powerful as a locomotive, can jump tall buildings in her dreams and is well on her way to becoming Superwoman. She loves laughing, listening, being outside and spending time with her friends and family.
Editor: Kate Bartolotta
Like “I’m not spiritual, I just practice being a good person” on Facebook.
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. 40 Things I’ve Learned in 40 Years. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012. How I Raise My Dying Son.