First dates are usually an exciting event; they make you have a cheesy-big-fat-smile like the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.
However, you shouldn’t be surprised if some of the events get “rained out” quicker than you expected leaving a frown on your face and uncomfortable damp.
Although no one is perfect and depending on your expectations, usually there are some tell-tale signs during the first date or several if you’re dating a guy you who’s not right for you.
Have you ever met a guy that you thought would be a fun date but instead it ended up being a miss-match? I’ve been on several, follow along and dodge where needed.
10 Reasons to Dodge a Start-Up Relationship:
1. Splitting the check: Any guy who expects you to split a check without letting you know that the date was just a “friend” date verses a real date is unacceptable. If a guy asks you on a date he should pay. First dates are about wooing you, if he’s not trying to woo you now he’s probably won’t woo you later. (No second date for this guy)
2. Bad Tipper: This usually means he’s cheap and cheap is not an attractive quality. It’s one thing to not tip well if the server was awful, however if the server great…at least 20%. (A man who’s cheap won’t ever see you as the prize)
3. Inviting a buddy to join you on your date: If he’s ok having his friend there are your first date that’s a huge red flag that he’s not that interested in you or probably women at all (Third wheel always breaks the deal)
4. Not introducing you: When bumping into someone they know doesn’t trigger an introduction it makes you reflect on why you took two days to choose the perfect dress for your date. No one likes to feel invisible especially on a date. Unless he’s forgotten the person’s name (which shouldn’t be an occurring thing), a guy should want to introduce you. If he doesn’t, you have to wonder how many other women is he “not introducing?” (A man, who doesn’t introduce, is not invested in you).
4. Independent films are just as important as Blockbusters: if he’s always choosing the movie, you’re guaranteed to never be entertained. When a man can’t meet you in the middle and see the movies you like, he’s a “Selfish Dater in Disguise.” (This is never a good sign.)
5. Flowers before your funeral please (Enough said!)
6. If he’s in the fast lane for sex the relationship endurance is bound to be doomed. When a man rushes into having sex, he’ll usually rush just as quickly to “get rid of you.” (Don’t be that girl!)
7. If foreplay ends up being a one way (for him) he’s needs to hit the highway. A man who’s more concerned with his needs and never yours will be selfish with everything else in his life. (Run as fast as you can girl, and don’t look back)
8. A small plan for a first date should be in every man’s play book: Ladies, if he can’t take the time to call a restaurant to see if a reservation is needed or even have a plan on where to take you ahead of time…he’s probably a lazy dater. (Reservations a must or you might as well wear sweats and sneakers)
9. When he says “I’ll call you.” Damn It, he needs to call! If he’s really interested in you he would call within three days (or sooner) after getting your phone number and one day after a date. A guy who feel it ok to wait a week or longer isn’t worth your time. (Men who can’t call enjoy the “Dating Games”)
10. Bottom line ladies, you are the prize! A man should see and know it, and it’s something you need to remember in order to attract the right guy. A guy who sees you as the prize will work hard to keep you. If not, it’s time to “dodge” this potentially disastrous relationship!
Editor: Carolyn Gilligan
Like elephant love on Facebook.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 386 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 170 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 392 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 1,007 share Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 9 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 8,706 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,793 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,394 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 6,216 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 2,943 shares