Happy Independence Day!
1. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Lock up your libraries if you like, but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.” ~ Virginia Woolf
3. “The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” ~ Gloria Steinem
4. “The supreme end is the freedom of the spirit.” ~ Sri Aurobindo
5. “You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” ~ Toni Morrison
6. “Better to die on one’s feet than to live on one’s knees.” ~ Jean-Paul Sartre
7. “The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.” ~ David Foster Wallace
8. “Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.” ~ Bob Marley
9. “Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.” ~ Jim Morrison
10. “Freedom is the basic condition for you to touch life, to touch the blue sky, the trees, the birds, the tea and the other person.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
~Editor: Kate Bartolotta
Like enlightened society on Facebook.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,367 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,541 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 9,250 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 1,949 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,645 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,227 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 145 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,725 share The 6 Best Spiritual Teachings of Wayne Dyer to help us Get Over Ourselves. 1,778 share