Happy Independence Day!
1. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Lock up your libraries if you like, but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.” ~ Virginia Woolf
3. “The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” ~ Gloria Steinem
4. “The supreme end is the freedom of the spirit.” ~ Sri Aurobindo
5. “You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” ~ Toni Morrison
6. “Better to die on one’s feet than to live on one’s knees.” ~ Jean-Paul Sartre
7. “The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.” ~ David Foster Wallace
8. “Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.” ~ Bob Marley
9. “Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.” ~ Jim Morrison
10. “Freedom is the basic condition for you to touch life, to touch the blue sky, the trees, the birds, the tea and the other person.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
~Editor: Kate Bartolotta
Like enlightened society on Facebook.
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. My Marriage had to End—for my Life to Begin. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. The Day I Stopped Running. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012.