Obama with his grandpa.
Happy Birthday, Mr. President.
Whether liberal or conservative, every president—Dubya, Reagan, Clinton, Nixon, Carter, JFK, FDR, Ike—is president of all of US. So, in that spirit, here’s ten non-partisan reasons to appreciate Barry.
1. His ohhhh, ohhhh!, followed by expression of un-self-deprecating extreme self-satisfaction:
3. Reluctantly singing, good sport:
4. He’s a real dad.
Loves the kids…all the kids. Genuine excitement here:
(He and the First Lady make the stuff, too).
6. Dancing (well).
7. Kinda political, but his amazing Osama Bin Laden speech:
8. His consistently-actually-being-funny at the White House Correspondents’ Dinners (click image for more):
9. Okay, political. What the &@^@^%#^ has he done?
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. 40 Things I’ve Learned in 40 Years. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. My Marriage had to End—for my Life to Begin. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012.