Republicans like to talk big on the economy.
Republicans talk fiscal responsibility. It’s one of the most attractive things about the GOP:
Five Facts about the Massachusetts economy under Governor Romney.
And, here’s some more facts, re: Romney’s track record, for those of us who want more than truthiness:
- State spending increased at well over rate of inflation under Romney’s watch, estimated at 24% – more than$5 billion – over Romney’s final three years.
- Under Romney, Massachusetts dramatically underperformed the rest of the nation in terms of job growth.
- Romney has been criticized by experts for failing to deliver on issues of business
- Romney left his successor to fill a budget deficit exceeding $1 billion
- Massachusetts’ state and local tax burden rose more than 7% during Romney’s administration.Via Reddit, via Anonymous via McCain’s research dossier from 2008. Source: HERE.
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. 40 Things I’ve Learned in 40 Years.