Ten Ways To Become More “Environmentally Sexy.”
So you want to help the Earth, and be more environmentally aware?
But somehow the concept just seems so boring?
Maybe you think that to love Mother Earth a little more respectfully, you need to grow dreadlocks, stop shaving your pits and live in a tree, only eating roots and seeds.
Not the case, my friends! There are tons of ways you can spice things up and help Mother Earth remain as beautiful as she is, by simply amping up your sensual side and getting a little sexy…
Here are just a few ideas on how you can make small changes to help the Earth and yourself—we are all connected, after all.
1) Double up in the shower and save water! Ask your partner, a neighbor or good friend—explore it! Doubling up in a candle-lit bath is a great way to get a good back wash, saving water and energy. Be careful of excessive splashing.
2) Practice acro yoga with your partner or wing it with a hottie you’ve been eyeing up in the studio. You’ll only need one mat! The more people are encouraged to practice yoga, the more they start to open their mind and find their true connection to the source, Mother Earth. Accidentally slip in handstand on purpose, wrap your legs around their waist and pout innocently.
3) Take your bike and leave your car at home to save fuel. Just bring an extra blanket to keep warm and to cover up rudey-bits, in case the police come (no pun intended!).
4) Use coconut oil for everything, instead of nasty chemical based lubricants and massage oils. You can massage yourself (yes!) or get a willing partner to get tropical on you and trade a coconut massage.
5) Order a large dish of gorgeous, fresh and delicious food. Share it with your partner or a friend, using one set of everything. One plate, one spoon, one glass, one bowl, one love. It’s less washing up, mindful eating practice and, if sharing food on the go, less waste by reducing the need for wasteful packaging.
6) Stop doing excessive laundry by wearing less clothes. Even better, go nude as much as possible! You will be reducing consumerism and hence the use of the Earth’s precious resources, including tons of water for all that washing.
7) Feed your partner with your fingers instead of using plastic forks! Combine with number four and you are really getting down to serious foreplay. Combine with number five and leave the do not disturb sign on your kitchen door. Say no to plastic anything—yes, that includes the goody drawer too…
8) Top up your tan, get rid of those white bits and visit a nudey beach. Take a spare reusable bag with you and do a beach clean-up in the sand and the ocean. Be careful when lunging over to pick up any gross litter—you may want to get waxed first. Remember, you are helping decrease pollution just by picking up one piece of litter—that’s great!
9) Try camping instead of hotels and get resourceful about it. Swim in lakes, steam up your tent, eat worms (maybe not), make a fire with collected wood, watch the stars free from light pollution. Tonight is a perfect night to sit under the stars with your loved one or by yourself. Turn off the lights and just be—it’s kinda romantic and you are saving the Earth’s precious energy.
10) Leave the heating off and hug and rub, especially in bed. You can hug and rub yourself or hug and rub your partner. Be careful not to get too relaxed or you may just let a “love puff” (fart) out when your partner rubs you into deeper relaxation. But farting can heat up the bed too—it can make you both laugh your heads off, creating more heat! Come on—if it’s love, it’s okay!
Let me know what you do that’s sexy and environmentally aware—you too can be greener and sexier all at once!
The Raw Yogini
Michelle Langton is a Registered Yoga Teacher who’s volunteering for Yoga Outreach, providing yoga and complimentary holistic services to positively augment women’s recovery. She is a self confessed cake loving Registered Holistic Nutritionist, who also studies holistic bodyworks. Her passion is learning how we can heal our bodies through food, touch, yoga, laughter and love. Sometimes she doesn’t shower or brush her hair every day and she secretly likes how her armpits smell. She likes to sing out really loud in the shower with a rock voice. She misses home, but she’s glad to be away from it. She’s scared and excited all at once about life. Sometimes when she does yoga she wishes she could be stronger. Sometimes when she meditates she thinks about boys. She’s fearless for adventure. She’s passionate about love. Those who mind don’t matter, those who matter don’t mind! You can read The Raw Yogini blog here.
Editor: Malin Bergman
Like elephant green and elephant journal gets sexy on Facebook.