I am honored that I get to make and bring this honey cornbread to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. I make them in my pumpkin muffin tins. It’s a great recipe from Allrecipes.com and I have had good success using different flours (whole wheat, soy) instead of the white flour, and find that it’s too sweet with plain flour anyway.
- >>1 cup all-purpose flour
- >>1 cup yellow cornmeal
- >>1/4 cup white sugar
- >>1 tablespoon baking powder
- >>1 cup heavy cream
- >>1/4 cup vegetable oil
- >>1/4 cup honey
- >>2 eggs, lightly beaten
The original recipe yields 8 servings.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the cream, oil, honey and eggs; stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of pan comes out clean.
Joy Herbst is a momma to Ari, yoga student and sometime teacher, belly dancer and APRN who is grateful for the four seasons that inspire her in jamming out to multitudes of music while cooking in her overwhelmed kitchen. Visit her website.
Editor: Maja Despot
Like elephant Food on Facebook.
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.”