I am honored that I get to make and bring this honey cornbread to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. I make them in my pumpkin muffin tins. It’s a great recipe from Allrecipes.com and I have had good success using different flours (whole wheat, soy) instead of the white flour, and find that it’s too sweet with plain flour anyway.
- >>1 cup all-purpose flour
- >>1 cup yellow cornmeal
- >>1/4 cup white sugar
- >>1 tablespoon baking powder
- >>1 cup heavy cream
- >>1/4 cup vegetable oil
- >>1/4 cup honey
- >>2 eggs, lightly beaten
The original recipe yields 8 servings.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the cream, oil, honey and eggs; stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of pan comes out clean.
Joy Herbst is a momma to Ari, yoga student and sometime teacher, belly dancer and APRN who is grateful for the four seasons that inspire her in jamming out to multitudes of music while cooking in her overwhelmed kitchen. Visit her website.
Editor: Maja Despot
Like elephant Food on Facebook.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 383 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 170 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 389 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 1,001 share Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 9 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,784 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,345 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 5,481 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 5,833 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 2,878 shares