Sometimes we abandon our yoga mats and a little encouragement is needed to find our way back to a yoga class; a gentle push out of our comfort zone and into the wild, winter day.
I once heard that the hardest part of getting to yoga was getting to your car (or bike, for those of you that are working on your ecological footprint.)
Well, here’s some motivation for getting back to your class:
1. Your yoga mat is cold inside your car…it needs to be unrolled once in a while. (You might have even paid big bucks for it.) Your mat needs air time; it misses you and wonders if it has done something wrong.
2. Your yoga teacher has a complex. She depends on you to build her self-confidence. She is considering taking up a new career, like Roller Derby, and that could be dangerous. But ,if you come back to her class, she will stick to teaching yoga. Keep your yoga teacher confident and safe.
3. The people around you have noticed a change in your mood since you stopped attending yoga class. Dare I say they are all a little afraid?
4. You have road rage.
5. You are eating Cheetos and you don’t even like Cheetos; you are drinking large amounts of beer and you like beer. Lately, your go-to place is your couch.
6. Your body is pleading with you every day, “Remember when we used to go to yoga class? Remember how much better we felt? Now, something different hurts every day. Please go back…”
8. A yogi strives to be in the mind of a beginner. Since you haven’t practiced in a while, this will come easy.
9. When you come back to the yoga mat, your body will remember more than you think.
10. The glorious wonderful feeling you get after just five minutes of savasana. Every class has savasana.
11. Because you have an inner superhero, wise sage or glittering unicorn longing to get out.
“Yoga is almost like music in a way; there is no end to it.” ~ Sting
Ed: Bryonie Wise
Photo: Jared Sternberg, Gondwana Sustainable Travel Ecotours
Like elephant yoga on Facebook.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 516 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 7 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 27 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,530 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 6,042 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 535 shares How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,416 share For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 2,936 shares How to Say “F*ck it” to Fear & Anxiety (& Start Living your Life!). 819 shares