Wasn’t it just Christmas? Aren’t taxes due soon? This time of year money can be tight so finding the right gift for your sweetie can be tough.
However, experiences trump material gifts any day!
Why not create a great day or weekend where you get to spend time with your Valentine, showing them just how much you love being with them? Well, I’ve got some ideas that are not only healthy and green but will also make such a statement that your sweetheart won’t care about that diamond encrusted chocolate heart anymore!
1. Morning Glory. Nothing is more romantic than surprising your Valentine with a lavish breakfast in bed! Be sure you plan ahead to make sure you have everything you need to create your tasty menu. Be sure you let your sweetie know that they are the VIP and should lounge until breakfast is served. Perhaps turn on their favorite movie or show, have an assortment of magazines prepared for them and/or start them off with a yummy almond milk latte or fresh squeezed juice until the meal is served. Try sweet potato pancakes, a fabulous tofu scramble or even decadent cinnamon rolls!
2. Romantic Camp Out. Plan a romantic getaway to your back yard! Pitch a tent and fill it with your fave bedding and bring your wifi enabled TV or tablet for smooth tunes or to cuddle and watch a great flick. Or, if you have an SUV or can borrow one, put down the seats and turn the back into a luxurious bed, park by the ocean, river, or great mountain spot. Either way, don’t forget to bring a great meal, snacks, dessert and/or some wine and bubbly!
3. Al Fresco Dine n’ Hike. If you and your honey are the outdoorsy type, find a hiking trail you haven’t tried out yet. Make a day of it by packing a great picnic so when you reach the perfect spot in the hike, you can relax and enjoy the scenery along with a tasty treat.
4. Be A Hometown Tourist. Looking to get the juices flowing? Try planning a bike or walking tour of your city. Find an area you would like to explore and plan a bike tour with your Valentine. Roam a new part of town, stop in cute shops or eateries and have fun trying something new together.
5. Kitchen Action. For the foodie couple, try preparing a meal together. Nothing is sexier than cooking an aromatic meal together since you know it’s made with love! Try out a fun new menu from all the way from drinks and appetizers to dessert. Digest by cuddling and watching a great movie and don’t worry about the dishes until later!
6. “Creating” Memories. If you and your love are the creative types, try to start a fun project. Be it a painting you work on together, a piece of furniture or even planting a garden, whatever you create will be a lasting symbol of your special day together.
7. Pampering Powwow. If you are in the mood to pamper and relax, turn your bathroom into a spa! Get your bathroom ready for a luxurious bath by lighting candles, adding floral arrangements having slippers and robes handy as well as some champagne. Give each other spa services such as massages, mani/pedis, body scrubs and more!
The possibilities are endless and ultimately, regardless of budget, spending a special day or weekend together is what’s most important. Get creative, have fun and indulge in love!
For more information, visit HealthyVoyager.com
Like conscious consumerism on Facebook.
Ed: Kate Bartolotta
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. How to Love a Woman who Scares You. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. I Still Think of You. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. How My Sister’s Death Transformed my Self-Perception.