Today one of my best girlfriends told me that a powerful thing about a group of women is that we can either raise each other up or we can completely bury one other, because we know exactly which buttons to push.
This is so true—one of the most difficult aspects of womanhood is that you have to share it with other women.
Having said that, I absolutely adore being a girl. Why? Because when you meet a group of women who thrive on kinship, shared knowledge and general affection, there’s just about nothing better.
So here are 10 reasons I love being a chick:
1. Women are hilarious. From Sarah Silverman to Elaine on Seinfeld, there’s nothing funnier than a funny lady.
2. Women are classy. Audrey Hepburn is a girl, and there’s a reason for that.
3. Girls know how to rock. Gwen Stefani’s killer abs and cheesy girlish lyrics became pop sensations for a reason, and she’s not the first woman—or the last—to set the music industry on fire.
4. Girls just wanna have fun. It’s true, no doubt about it (No Doubt, get it, get it?), girls love giggling and singing loudly while driving, quite frankly, because “fun” is a girl’s middle name.
5. I can write this list and not be sexist. I’m not sure a “reasons why men are better than women” article would do well.
6. Shoes. Enough said.
7. Strength in numbers. There’s a classic joke about women going to the bathroom in herds—and there’s also a joke about men not asking for directions. Now why is that? There are several possibilities, but one of them is that women understand the strength that lies in unity.
8. We have babies. This suggestion is definitely expected—for a reason. Giving birth is powerfully challenging and exhilarating. It’s not for the faint of heart, but then again neither is motherhood.
9. Period = good excuse. For anything. Trust me. Just say you have your period.
Drum roll, please. The 10th reason that being a girl rocks is…
10. We get to make fun of men. Yep, there it is: the plain ol’ simple, straight-up fact that it’s easy to pick on the weaker sex.
Like elephant Funny on Facebook.
Ed: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 547 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 10 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 28 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,556 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 844 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 6,572 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,376 share How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,543 share For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 3,138 shares