Above, an elaborate, mind-stopping Indian doorway.
Bonus update, #15: Malala Yousafzai, the 15 year-old Pakistani girl shot in the head by the Taliban for promoting girls’ education in her country, is returning to school in the UK where she underwent several surgeries. (zeenews.india.com)
I don’t always have enough time to blog up everything. But I always have enough time to share what I’ve found fascinating, lately. Here’s my latest greatest lineup of things you, too, may find worth your while.
1. > On an illegally wiretapped recording, President Lyndon B. Johnson caught Richard Nixon prolonging the Vietnam War to win the 1968 presidential election; over 15,000 more Americans were killed in Vietnam. (youtube.com)
3. > Permaculture Punks of Mexico City:
4. > Via Reddit, a shorthand guide to avoiding BS marketing terms that mean nothing zilch zero when it comes to alcohol: I’m owner/operator of a liquor store, am overwhelmed by lies & deception of liquor labels, AMA (self.IAmA)
5. > Permaculture on Reddit: The difference between ‘dirt’ and ‘soil.”
6. > Yet another headline with “India” and “Rape” in the same sentence. British tourist jumped from hotel balcony in India and injured severely to escape from rape (ndtv.com) And, another: “Woman gang-raped inside lawyer’s chamber for filing divorce…in India.” (timesofindia.indiatimes.com)
7. > Vitamin Angels: one of the few organizations I’ve ever found that I can fully look up to and want to support. (independent.com)
8. > Sewage plants struggle to treat wastewater produced by fracking operations. Water from natural gas production still contains high levels of contaminants after going through the water treatment plants. (cenm.ag)
9. > NY Times: “For Colorado Governor, a Long Path to Gun Limits.”
10. > I love the world…sing it out!
“When Discovery first put this out in 2008 I couldn’t stop both smiling and singing it for weeks after.” (youtube.com)
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 580 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Learn Social Media, Writing, Editing & Journalism Ethics with elephantjournal.com. 0 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,561 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 969 shares The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 850 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 7,347 shares Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 7,019 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,389 share