Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more.
The pairing one might only dream of has happened:
Whedon plus Shakespeare.
I’ll admit it, I’m a bit of a fangirl.
I was always more of a Firefly/Serenity fan than of Buffy and Angel, but really, Joss Whedon is one of my favorite writers/producers/directors of this…umm…ever. Dollhouse was cut down in its prime, and of course, The Avengers was amazing.
So imagine my delight to hear that Joss was taking on one of my favorite Shakespearean comedies!
1. The film was shot in 12 days at Whedon’s home.
2. He’s using an elegant, minimalist approach in a modern setting (take that, Kenneth Branagh).
3. Nathan Fillion as Dogberry!
4. Amy Acker and Alex Denisof as Beatrice and Benedick.
5. If the rest of the film is anything like the trailer, I will be back the day after it opens to see it again.
You get the popcorn; I’ll bring some candy:
Releases in the U.S. June 21, 2013.
Like elephant culture on Facebook.
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. How to Love a Woman who Scares You. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. I Still Think of You. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. How My Sister’s Death Transformed my Self-Perception.