Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more.
The pairing one might only dream of has happened:
Whedon plus Shakespeare.
I’ll admit it, I’m a bit of a fangirl.
I was always more of a Firefly/Serenity fan than of Buffy and Angel, but really, Joss Whedon is one of my favorite writers/producers/directors of this…umm…ever. Dollhouse was cut down in its prime, and of course, The Avengers was amazing.
So imagine my delight to hear that Joss was taking on one of my favorite Shakespearean comedies!
1. The film was shot in 12 days at Whedon’s home.
2. He’s using an elegant, minimalist approach in a modern setting (take that, Kenneth Branagh).
3. Nathan Fillion as Dogberry!
4. Amy Acker and Alex Denisof as Beatrice and Benedick.
5. If the rest of the film is anything like the trailer, I will be back the day after it opens to see it again.
You get the popcorn; I’ll bring some candy:
Releases in the U.S. June 21, 2013.
Like elephant culture on Facebook.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 463 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 76,036 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 18,241 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 7,952 shares The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,825 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 3,707 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 2,077 shares I am Who I am Thanks to You—The 5 Most Important People we Meet in Life. 2,144 shares 10 Good Reasons Not to Contact your Ex. 971 shares Nine Reasons to Love a Libra & One Secret they Keep. 1,638 share