Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more.
The pairing one might only dream of has happened:
Whedon plus Shakespeare.
I’ll admit it, I’m a bit of a fangirl.
I was always more of a Firefly/Serenity fan than of Buffy and Angel, but really, Joss Whedon is one of my favorite writers/producers/directors of this…umm…ever. Dollhouse was cut down in its prime, and of course, The Avengers was amazing.
So imagine my delight to hear that Joss was taking on one of my favorite Shakespearean comedies!
1. The film was shot in 12 days at Whedon’s home.
2. He’s using an elegant, minimalist approach in a modern setting (take that, Kenneth Branagh).
3. Nathan Fillion as Dogberry!
4. Amy Acker and Alex Denisof as Beatrice and Benedick.
5. If the rest of the film is anything like the trailer, I will be back the day after it opens to see it again.
You get the popcorn; I’ll bring some candy:
Releases in the U.S. June 21, 2013.
Like elephant culture on Facebook.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 603 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Learn Social Media, Writing, Editing & Journalism Ethics with elephantjournal.com. 1 share The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 1,039 share Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,570 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 996 shares Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 7,922 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,392 share How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,675 share