Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more.
The pairing one might only dream of has happened:
Whedon plus Shakespeare.
I’ll admit it, I’m a bit of a fangirl.
I was always more of a Firefly/Serenity fan than of Buffy and Angel, but really, Joss Whedon is one of my favorite writers/producers/directors of this…umm…ever. Dollhouse was cut down in its prime, and of course, The Avengers was amazing.
So imagine my delight to hear that Joss was taking on one of my favorite Shakespearean comedies!
1. The film was shot in 12 days at Whedon’s home.
2. He’s using an elegant, minimalist approach in a modern setting (take that, Kenneth Branagh).
3. Nathan Fillion as Dogberry!
4. Amy Acker and Alex Denisof as Beatrice and Benedick.
5. If the rest of the film is anything like the trailer, I will be back the day after it opens to see it again.
You get the popcorn; I’ll bring some candy:
Releases in the U.S. June 21, 2013.
Like elephant culture on Facebook.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 0 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 0 shares 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share