Last night, after numerous tantrums due to electronic malfunctions and my general sense of overwhelm, the power went out.
Fuck you, Mercury Retrograde! I yelled at the top of my lungs.
My first reaction was panic; I freaked out that not only had I been soaked by a torrential downpour, but now, I couldn’t work.
I couldn’t work!!!!
The tantrums started all over again.
Here are five things I learned last night:
1. Sometimes, the universe is smarter then I am. Nature, through her wisdom, teaches us that we are not in control and that anything is possible.
2. Slowing down is not the worst thing I can do for my heart and my health.
3. I will not die without Facebook, elephant journal, Twitter and Instagram. In fact, chances are, I’ll live longer.
4. A bath is more romantic by candle light (well, I knew that one already—but there’s a certain peace in the air when the power is out).
5. There is magic in everything and sometimes I am so distracted by what I think is important, I miss what actually is important.
My tears dried and with a weary heart, I crawled into bed with my dog; warm body, beating heart.
This is what life is about.
Like elephant journal on Facebook.
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. How to Love a Woman who Scares You. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. I Still Think of You. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. Reading This Takes Guts. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD.