This is the most beautiful, tasty and guilt free banana loaf you will ever make.
My friend Tara of the Tara List Solution came over to help me bake a healthy (without dairy, soy, refined sugar, and entirely gluten free) banana bread.
I’m telling you, this recipe is so good you will never want to eat any other banana bread. Keep it in the fridge after it cools and then enjoy a slice as a snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
2 cups of almond flour (depending on number of bananas used)
1 cup of coconut flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of maple syrup
3 tablespoons (or 1/4 cup) of coconut oil or ghee, melted
2 eggs (room temp)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 very ripe bananas
Optional: One cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit (we used chia seeds, yellow raisins, pecans, walnuts- the more the merrier.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mash bananas well with a fork, then add in eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix until well blended
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, and whisk to mix well.
4. Add dry ingredients into the wet, and mix well
5. Add melted coconut oil/ghee and fold into the batter until well combined. (Now is also when you should fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, cranberries, raisins, chia seeds etc. if you’d like!)
6. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf. You want it to be browned at the top, that’s the part that tastes best!
7. Eat warm or cooled, and make sure to refrigerate the leftovers!
Like elephant food on elephant journal.com
Ed: Cat Beekmans
Photos: The Tara List
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 455 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 70,436 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 17,502 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 7,849 shares The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,679 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 3,675 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 2,060 shares I am Who I am Thanks to You—The 5 Most Important People we Meet in Life. 2,110 shares 10 Good Reasons Not to Contact your Ex. 879 shares Nine Reasons to Love a Libra & One Secret they Keep. 1,320 share