Being what they call an older woman, I’ve have been dating younger men for quite awhile. Here are some of my suggestions.
1. When you make the initial contact if it is just for casual sex that you are interested in please be upfront about it to save time on both sides. If you are straight forward it allows both of you to begin with the same expectations of sex. If not it’s a waste of both of your time.
2. To introduce yourself don’t text. Texting is fine, I’m not against it, but when it comes to dating and meeting in the beginning, don’t text everything to arrange dating. It’s a real turnoff. Offer to call her on the phone.
3. If the woman offers to call you first, know that she is not afraid of making the first move and doesn’t conform to the traditional old ways. Also, for safety sake, many women prefer making the first call.
4. Don’t tell her you look good for your age. Yuck. That’s the last thing she wants to hear. Tell her she looks great!. Period.
5. If it’s honesty and directness you are seeking, know that many older woman come out way ahead in this area. They have nothing to lose by being and showing who they genuinely are. If in any way you meet and you see that she’s got the plastic surgery going on, has lied about her age, then you know where you are at with her. And ask yourself if you want to be with someone who has totally misrepresented herself.
6. The older woman is used to dating. She was brought up that way. She is used to being treated well. Pay for her on the first date, even if she offers to pay her share. You just seem really cool when you do that.
5. Communicate with her especially on the first date. Don’t make it an interrogation. It’s uncomfortable for both, and there’s no way of having any kind of fun or spontaneous conversation. If she feels you are totally into learning about her that is a real turn on, especially if you have a sense of humor.
6. Don’t mispresent yourself to her. If the picture you have online is what she will see in person, don’t come walking in looking nothing like your photo, either being fifty pounds heavier, the photo was taken when you were twenty years younger. Just like you don’t want someone to misrepresent themselves to you, don’t misrepresent to them.
7. She will want to meet you in a public place and allow her to make arrangements to meet, mainly in her hood. Again, it’s a turnon to a woman to have the man go out of his way to meet a woman.
8. If you say you are going to call her then call. If you can’t then text her and make a plan for another time. Same goes if you are going to meet at a certain time, and you are going to be late, text her and let her know.
9. Neither one of you knows ahead of time where this will go. No expectations. The most important is in getting to know one another, having fun, being honest and upfront. Don’t say you want to see her again if you are full of sh*t. If you cannot say it in person then send a short email.
10. There is no stigma to dating older women. Men have been dating younger women for ages. But once you go that route if you feel uncomfortable don’t do it. And don’t do it because you are looking for a mommy. We’ve had plenty experience of raising children, we don’t need to be a mommy to you.
11. Know that many of us are quite experienced in relationships and we know how to treat a good man.
12. Always have a photo up on your profile site. No woman wants to respond to a ghost. Give us at least some sample of what you look like.
13. Please don’t make your profile sooooo long that it will totally bore us and even though you may look good, you will be passed by because of overwhelm.
14. Most cases if a woman doesn’t respond to your first response, it means she’s not interested. Don’t keep pestering her because it will come to an unhappy conclusion or blocking you from her site.
15. Many of us are confident, used to being alone and on our own, so don’t feel that we want to be with you every minute of the day, because we don’t. We are used to having lots of space in a relationship.
16. Hey men, if you are going to see a woman in another state for the first time, make sure you know what you are doing. You need to keep as safe and a woman does.
17. Many of us had much experience with BS and we know when it’s coming at us. Don’t try to impress but be real. That’s very sexy.
18. We know at this stage about not changing the other person but accepting them the way they are. Be aware that if we see something ain’t workin for us, but working for you and we can’t work it out, that’s probably the end of the relationship.
19. If she’s desperate and is afraid of being alone, stay away, far, far away. Unless you are the same way as she is.
20. If you have children, don’t be afraid of introducing her to them. She has had a lot of experience in having fun with children.
Like elephant love on Facebook.
Editor: Dana Gornall
Photo Credit: Pixoto
hot on elephant
Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. Join: Elephant’s Fall 2016 Academy. When you’re Stuck, Remember to ask yourself this Question. Welcome to September’s Eclipse Season—Anything is Possible. Thank You to the Men who Didn’t Know what they had—When they had Me. Wait for the One who Falls in Love with Your Naked Soul.