- Along with your daily meals, you start, continue and end the day with Facebook. Not to mention regular snacking.
- A great deal of your anecdotes begin with “I saw this thing on Facebook the other day.”
- You miss phone calls and may not answer the door, but can always be relied upon to never leave the house with an unread comment.
- Your house is a mess and you can’t find the time to get dressed or get to the shops. However, you’ve read all your notifications, accepted a new friend request, posted happy birthday on the relevant walls and replied to all Facebook messages. You might have even shared a Causes cause.
- You start to mix up what actually happened in your life and what you saw on your newsfeed.
- You talk about someone you appear to know in great detail, but answer the “Do you know her well?” question with, “only really through Facebook.”
- You take a day or two off from signing in and find yourself fantasizing about all the updates and messages you will return to, only to be underwhelmed by actuality.
- You take a picture of your preschooler, who then asks “is that on Facebook?”
- You turn your laptop on, determined to pay the rent sans distraction, yet here you are back to where you left off on yesterday’s Facebook newsfeed.
- If knowing as many details about your ex’s new life had been discovered by any other means, you’d have been imprisoned by now for stalking.
Want 15 free additional reads weekly, just our best?
Assistant Editor: Karen Cygnarowicz / Editor: Cat Beekmans
Photo: Flickr / Paul Walsh
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,377 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,578 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 9,418 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,008 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,881 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 5,873 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,235 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 151 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,735 share