- Along with your daily meals, you start, continue and end the day with Facebook. Not to mention regular snacking.
- A great deal of your anecdotes begin with “I saw this thing on Facebook the other day.”
- You miss phone calls and may not answer the door, but can always be relied upon to never leave the house with an unread comment.
- Your house is a mess and you can’t find the time to get dressed or get to the shops. However, you’ve read all your notifications, accepted a new friend request, posted happy birthday on the relevant walls and replied to all Facebook messages. You might have even shared a Causes cause.
- You start to mix up what actually happened in your life and what you saw on your newsfeed.
- You talk about someone you appear to know in great detail, but answer the “Do you know her well?” question with, “only really through Facebook.”
- You take a day or two off from signing in and find yourself fantasizing about all the updates and messages you will return to, only to be underwhelmed by actuality.
- You take a picture of your preschooler, who then asks “is that on Facebook?”
- You turn your laptop on, determined to pay the rent sans distraction, yet here you are back to where you left off on yesterday’s Facebook newsfeed.
- If knowing as many details about your ex’s new life had been discovered by any other means, you’d have been imprisoned by now for stalking.
Want 15 free additional reads weekly, just our best?
Assistant Editor: Karen Cygnarowicz / Editor: Cat Beekmans
Photo: Flickr / Paul Walsh
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 552 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 10 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 28 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,557 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 851 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 6,620 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,384 share How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,557 share For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 3,171 shares